Are Power Computing...PowerC.com any good ?

scottyboy27 01:59 12 Nov 09

I wondered if any members can help me.

Im thinking of buying from Power Computing(Powerc.Com) and wondered if they were a good company to buy from, any advice gladly received.

Thanks

tullie 07:02 12 Nov 09

This is a couple of years old.click here

scottyboy27 15:43 12 Nov 09

Thanks tullie, they seem to get a good write up, wonder if anyone has any recent experience of them ?

Shamrock Holmes 23:23 12 Nov 09

Bought a Base unit from them a little over a year ago, it was delivered within a few days, worked perfectly fine until about two months ago when it wouldn't boot. Contacted PowerC (normal rate number, put through to guy who does the work within a minute or two), they immediately agreed to send out a replacement HDD as I was sure that this was the problem (it was) so after reinstalling Windows (only because I didn't have a complete back-up) everything was back to normal. If this havben't been the case, they were perfectly willing to have the base unit picked up at their expense (as per 2yr RTB policy) and fix-it.

Their systems aren't as complicated and customisable as most, but they've done me a good job in the last year and I'd be likely to return to them if I wanted a similar unit/system in the future.

scottyboy27 00:35 14 Nov 09

Thanks Shamrock, they certainly seem to have a good aftersales Reputation.

Henry_Wood 12:40 19 Nov 09

Since October 2005 I've now bought three desktop computers from them (one was for my brother) and never had complaints. Service is exemplary, for example:
The only fault I have ever had on a PC I bought from them was in my last one, purchased February 2009. After 24 hours it suddenly failed and I thought it was the PSU. This happened on a Monday afternoon. The computer was collected from my house on Tuesday afternoon and redelivered to me less than 48 hours later on Thursday morning. It was a duff PSU and I suppose like all other components this occasionally happens. The way they rectified things to my complete satisfaction could not have been better and everything has since been perfect. I'm thinking of buying a new Windows 7 machine for Christmas and PowerC.com will be my first (and probably only) port of call.
Highly recommended.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…