Are PCA test the new Norton Beta?

sunnystaines 08:18 17 Apr 15

had this in an email today

Since you’ve beta tested one of our products in the past, we wanted to invite you to try out our newest versions of Norton™ Security and Norton™ Security with Backup.

We greatly appreciate your help! Your honest feedback is critical, helping us deliver the best possible security. As a special thank you, you’ll save 50% off the final versions.

Please help put this beta through its paces by:

• Adjusting your settings frequently. • Running manual scans often. • Interacting with the Norton user interface thoroughly.

While our “under the hood” changes may be largely invisible, they should deliver improved performance. And if you have Windows 10 Technical Preview installed, be sure to test this beta on it. Seeing how well it performs on this new OS is vital.

sunnystaines 09:28 18 Apr 15

jock no rush i will wait till he is back

Forum Editor 19:00 18 Apr 15

jock no rush i will wait till he is back

Why, have I been away?

Forum Editor 10:26 19 Apr 15

I'm making enquiries about the beta test situation.

sunnystaines 11:31 19 Apr 15

FE

Thankyou, away meant login back onto the forum do not expect you to be 24/7

Forum Editor 07:39 30 Apr 15

I asked Symantec about this, and here's what they say:-

**"....Following the move to Norton Security last autumn, Symantec are no longer rolling on the same kind of beta testing structure that they have done in previous years. They continually look to integrate new features and improvements throughout the year, and as a result, there may be several smaller betas that are conducted before releasing new features to the entire install base.
Accordingly, the new version-less service model means that this isn't a massive beta release like you will have seen in the past."**

So, it looks as though our beta testing history with full-scale Norton software betas is at an end, although you still have the option of testing the smaller beta releases yourselves.

sunnystaines 09:16 30 Apr 15

thank you, it was good while it lasted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…