Are Parcel Force Improving at long last?

SEASHANTY 13:23 31 Jul 04

On Thursday around 2030BST I placed a one click internet order with Amazon for the Medion multi-region Div-x DVD player MD40814. Shortly afterwards received confirmation email stating £49-99 for order plus £3-23 carriage First Class
1 business day. Further email Friday stated item
despatched dlvy probably Monday. Today, Saturday,
Parcel Force left me a card before 0900 saying unable to deliver will return Monday. (Was in the bathroom listening to Radio 2 - didn't hear the bell). The P.F. van called again at 1125 to deliver
the player. I am amazed. They never used to be so
efficient.

spuds 13:39 31 Jul 04

Possibly a one off. I tend to find that the card in the door [even though I am in most of the time]means a telephone call to arrange another delivery. Use to be able to collect from the local collection office, not any more due to that closing down.

I have an arrangement with various courier firms, and the Royal Mail[sometimes] regarding an alternative local drop-off point. For some unknown reason Parcel Force seem to not prefare this method, hence a 24/48 hour delay in actually receiving the item.

Stuartli 14:04 31 Jul 04

I've never had any problems with ParcelForce over many years.

I think a large part of whatever problems people may have is due to the actions/attitude to job of individual ParcelForce employees in different parts of the country.

ouijaouija 16:30 31 Jul 04

Yup. I order dozens of packages from the UK and abroad. i have NEVER had a parcel lost before.

Even stranger, did anyone know that you can post a letter and not pay for full delivery? Someone did this to me and even though they didn't pay the full amount parcel force still delievred it and put a notice through my door that I needed to pay for the additional postage.

byfordr 18:58 31 Jul 04

Got a parcel delivered this morning...was told it would be delivered before 12 and it came about 10. Must admit not found this the norm.
click here

Hopefully they are on the up.

R

Stuartli 10:25 01 Aug 04

ParcelForce usually promises that parcels will be delivered before 12 noon - if not you can claim against it.

That may well explain some of the non-delivered/hastily dumped parcels by drivers in order to keep within the time limit if they have a full van load.

Stuartli 10:29 01 Aug 04

There are also by 9am, 10am and 5pm delivery guarantees and appropriate sliding level of compensation if there is a delivery failure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…