Are mesh that bad?

welshbenson 13:10 08 May 06

Been chating to a friend on the flight to Saudi, he thinks mesh are great and was really surprised with my tales about them. He thought that may be they have grown to big to quick and have not invested into customer support.

What are the costs in setting up dedicated phonelines to carry this out then?

Also can i get pc advisor sent to me via BFPO?

dontmeshwithme 14:11 08 May 06

Just give there customer service number or techinical support number a ring, remember that it is a premium rate number, and then decide for yourself. If you are lucky it might get answered in under 15 minutes. Then think to yourself if I buy a computer from these guys and it goes wrong, how many times am I prepared to call this number??? Finally try sending an email to the technical support team, and see how long it takes to get a response.
After my "mesh experiance" I always do the above checks before placing a large order with anyone

Diodorus Siculus 14:18 08 May 06

Mesh Computers 0870 0468340 0208 2084794 Customer services - Fax: 0208 2084797
Mesh Computers 0870 0468340 020 8438 3300 Customer services / Desktop & Notebook Support; Fax: 0208 4524160

Totally-braindead 15:05 08 May 06

I'm sure if you read the postings about Mesh welshbenson you will be able to see the answers you are seeking. And though I am not knowledgable about these sort of things I would think the costs would be very little to do with the hardware and more to do with the costs of employing more people.

rmcqua 15:29 08 May 06

is not just about dedicated phone lines or more people. It's an essential element of a Quality Management System that, in order to be effective, has to receive the full commitment of the company from Chief Executive downwards.

pj123 15:31 08 May 06

And, of course, there is Davey the Mesh rep on this Forum. He is always available and willing to help with any Mesh problem. He probably can't guarantee to fix every problem but I'm sure he will do his very best.

nhojnhoj35 16:19 08 May 06

This thread makes me chuckle. I wanted to buy a PC 2 years ago and I was considering a Mesh until I came on this forum and saw all the negative comments.

Two years later and I'm in the market for a laptop and I see the same comments and complaints from people.

There must be something wrong if a company attracts the same complaints levelled at customer care year upon year. I don`t see how one person answering threads for a select band of people on a forum is any kind of answer. They have obviously underfunded the after sales side but if 95% of their punters are happy I doubt whether they give the proverbial flying XXXX!

zigalow 17:09 08 May 06

MESH advertise what seem like great products and get good reviews in the PC Press. But unfortunately when things go wrong it seem like the customer is out on his own. If nothing else the forums on this site support that. Also yes Davy is available here, but that is in it self a an admission that there customer service is not what it should be.

the old man 18:58 08 May 06

These problems remind me of another well known computer company who built computers at good prices. Then again I didn't give them the 'TIME' of day either.
They fell by the wayside last year but like the phoenix.............
Make your own conclusions.

zigalow 19:22 08 May 06

You know if MESH did go under what would be the position on monies paid prior to goods beind dispatched?

spuds 20:44 08 May 06

If you follow various postings within this forum, within the last twelve months as an example, you will have already read the answer.

In the main--Pay by credit card or a computer finance agreement. Never pay by debit card, cheque or cash.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…