Are Computer Fans classed as white goods

finerty 17:06 22 Jul 11

I boght a computer fan from maplin, returned it back to get a refund and they staff were arguing that its calssed as white goods and i cant have refund. I was not told this at the time of purchase.

An employee told he me he was in charge to day and the store manager could only authrise a refund yet stated that i was probably told that hwite goods are classed as none refundable.

He also told me the store manager would be in tommroow and if i could come back then to see if can authorise a refund.

Anyway i stood my ground and told them abouthe sale of goods act and that on the receipt it stated i have up to 28 days to get a reund if i changed my mind on wanting the product.

Eventually they gave a refund.

Where they conning me or twisting the facts and truth, was i in the wrong.

As they gave me a refund they man in charge was saying to me in future remember that in future that fans are non refundable and non returnable.

There was non notice to state this in the store.

finerty 17:07 22 Jul 11

Sorry for any spelling mistakes its the old age creeping up on me.

wiz-king 17:29 22 Jul 11

You obviously got the 'Saturday boy'. I would have thought that they are not white goods or consumables so would fit in Maplins 28 day returns policy. Click here

961 19:28 22 Jul 11

What a load of nonsense

White goods = fridges, freezers, washers, dishwashers

Unless the fan you bought was, err, white?

I don't think the Sale Of Goods Act was relevant here as the fan was not actually faulty. However if the receipt stated you had 28 days to change your mind then I can't see how they can argue with that. I've not heard of the term 'white goods' before, but I can't for a moment see why a fan may be considered as a non-returnable item.

jaraba 18:17 23 Jul 11

Bought a connector from them that didn't work & they refused to give me a refund. Contacted head office & they agreed with the shop until I pointed out I had asked a member of staff if the item would work with what I wanted it for and they said it would. I got my refund.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017