archos internet tablet 101, anyone?

rickf 17:43 25 Feb 11

Do you have one of these and what is your experience? Thanks

smokingbeagle 14:11 26 Feb 11

Amazon reviews. Always an useful source.

click here

rickf 18:01 26 Feb 11

Read those but seeking personal experience of fourm members if any

proudfoot 10:57 27 Feb 11

I had an Archos 7 for about 5 years, used mainly when on holiday, it was the pre wireless model.
When It broke due to being dropped I looked at Archos once again, but I read a number of reports that it's wireless capability was rather poor.
I decided to buy a Samsung Netbook which I took on a recent holiday and was able to surf the web/email etc. and also watch films and music I had downloaded.
Not regretted going down this route.

rickf 11:07 27 Feb 11

Thanks for reply. I have a netbook but still find that it's not as portable, therefore the possible switch to tablets with their increased efficiency.
I work away a lot and need to take a lot of things with me and the weight of the netbook just about break the "camel's back" on top of the other stuff I have to carry.

rickf 09:28 05 Mar 11

Right, have had this for a couple of days now and in one word WOW!! It's a fantastic piece of kit. Does everything very well. I got the Android 2.2 Froyo OS version and plays Flash, ie iPlayer, My space, Youtube etc.,
LOts of apps available and some fun simple games.
Operation is very smooth, Wifi excellent with very good range. The built quality is also excellent. Who need a iPad when this does everything and more versatile? Ipad does not do Flash Player due to Apple's restrictions.
Anyway, just thought it might be of interest to people.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…