ARCHOS DexDVD USB2 DVD Writer -R -RW

SEASHANTY 15:17 09 Mar 03

This new removable drive from French company ARCHOS website click here> is priced on their website at £250 taxes paid and carriage free. They list several well known U.K. outfits as places "Where To Buy" on their website but all the sites I have tried do not appear to have this product or any information on Archos. Anyone else heard of this firm and any UK outlet?

crx16 00:02 10 Mar 03

click here and click here for PCA reviews of ARCHOS products,not the drive in question,but as the reviews are from a while back,at least you know the company has some history.

Newuser4165 10:27 10 Mar 03

The Archos multimedia 20 is available from ebuyer and dabs.
I have the photo model which cost me £318 including postage from ebuyer.Excellent device.
click here
click here

Spook Tooth 10:48 10 Mar 03

click here

Can you not just click the orange 'Add to basket' hypertext link then on the item again but in the top right corner under the SHOP title? It takes you to the Order Form (or at least should do). If this is not working for you, you might do better to address the question of internet browser security settings etc in the helproom so you can proceed.

Sony do a good external DVD writer also - +RW as well as -RW etc compatible.

SEASHANTY 15:25 10 Mar 03

This DVD drive is a Removable USB2 interface which I could use on any computer I have. This particular model is the one I would choose for convenience. The Dabs website brings up "No Info" either on the drive or "Archos" as a manufacturer, which is surprisiong in view of the info above. None of the other UK sites That Archos specifically list on their website as a
UK "Where to Buy" list seem to sell Archos products or list any knowledge of them. Yes I can buy on the Archos website but I then presume it will come from France. The website says "taxes paid" but I am not sure about this. How will the UK customs service treat French VAT?
This drive is reviewed in the current issue of
"Computeractive" magazine. Will check the Ebuyer site and see if this drive is available there - AND - where its coming from, if it is. Thanks
everyone for info.

SEASHANTY 15:26 10 Mar 03

This DVD drive is a Removable USB2 interface which I could use on any computer I have. This particular model is the one I would choose for convenience. The Dabs website brings up "No Info" either on the drive or "Archos" as a manufacturer, which is surprisiong in view of the info above. None of the other UK sites That Archos specifically list on their website as a
UK "Where to Buy" list seem to sell Archos products or list any knowledge of them. Yes I can buy on the Archos website but I then presume it will come from France. The website says "taxes paid" but I am not sure about this. How will the UK customs service treat French VAT?
This drive is reviewed in the current issue of
"Computeractive" magazine. Will check the Ebuyer site and see if this drive is available there - AND - where its coming from, if it is. Thanks
everyone for info.

beeuuem 15:53 10 Mar 03

Don't know if this will be of any help in finding a uk supplier:-

Archos UK Ltd

Regus House
Windmill Hill Business Park
Whitehill Way
Swindon
SN5 6QR
UNITED KINGDOM

Technical Support:
Tel: +44 (0)207 949 0115
support-technique@archos.com
Sales Enquiries:
Tel: +44 (0)1793 441 510
Fax: +44 (0)1793 441 610
uk-sales@archos.com
Web Sales Enquiries:
Tel: +33 169 33 1690
eu-tracking@archos.com
Administration:
Tel: +44 (0)1793 441 880
uk-bonnardot@archos.com

Newuser4165 09:04 11 Mar 03

Seashanty
Archos at Dabs is listed here:-
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced