Arbico Computers

Ashrein 13:54 09 Mar 08

Has anyone purchased an Arbico computer recently?
I am surprised that there are very few threads regarding Arbico computers,seeing that they are top in 4 of the PC Advisor recommendation charts.
All the threads these days on new PC purchases seem to be recommending Cougar-Extreme,why is nobody recommending Arbico? seeing they are recommended by PC Advisor.
I am torn between Arbico and Cougar-Extreme, any advise please.

MAT ALAN 14:21 09 Mar 08

I can vouch for arbico i bought my tower from them some time ago, superb service.
If you have two setups in mind say one from each post them here someone may be able to advise on which is the best to suite your needs...

Ashrein 17:11 09 Mar 08

Thanks for your reply MAT ALAN the setup from Cougar is as follows:-
Home Office Intel Core 2 Duo (Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 GHz 4Mb Cache, 2GB Kingston DDR2 667 - 2 x 1GB, 250Gb SATA Hard Drive, , Impress Case , Colors 550Watt Silent Upgrade, 256Mb Nvidia 8600GT graphics card DX10, QC - Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 - 1333fsb, DDR1333x4 non intergrated, Samsung DVD +/- Re-writer, Floppy Drive - BLACK, 22 inch (DVI) AMW TFT 5ms widescreen X2210WDS, Microsoft multimedia keyboard & mouse, Integrated Sound Card, Intergrated Monitor Speakers, , Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premiem (OEM) 13 Month Warranty, Free Carriage) £666.79
Wireless Network Adapter £15.00
Internal 3.5Inch Card Reader £7.00
PCI Firewire Card £4.00
Total £692.79

and the setup from Arbico is :-

System Configuration:
PC Case: Coolermaster Elite 330 Case - included in price
Power Supply: 500Watt Standard PSU
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 CPU - included in price
Heatsink & CPU Fan: Standard Heatsink & CPU Fan - included in price
DDR2 Memory: 2 GB Kingston 667Mhz PC5300 DDR2 RAM - included in price
PCI-E Graphics: 256MB nVidia 8600GT PCI Express Graphics Card - included in price
Sound Card: Integrated 5.1 Channel Sound Card - included in price
Primary Hard Drive: 250GB SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive
Main Optical Drive: 20x Dual Layer DVD +/- Rewriter - included in price
Floppy Drive: Internal 3.5" Floppy Drive
Memory Card Reader: Internal 52 in 1 Memory Card Reader
Network Adapter: PCI 802.11G 54Mbps Wireless Network Card
Firewire: 3 Port PCI Fire Wire Card
TFT Monitor: 22" LG (L226WTQ) Widescreen, Silver/ Black, 3000:1, 2ms, DVI/VGA, 1680x1050, TFT
Keyboard & Mice: Multimedia Keyboard & Optical Mouse
Speakers: Built into Flat-Panel - included in price
Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium - included in price
Multimedia Software: Nero Burning Rom - included in price
Office Software: Ability Office - included in price
Warranty: 2 Years Return to Base Warranty (Second Year - No Parts, Labour Wty Only) - Shipping Charge £35.00
Total £734.08

as you can see both are very similar but with Arbico giving 2 years warranty.

MAT ALAN 17:22 09 Mar 08

tough call, although the second year of the arbico warranty is labour only, for the monitor only i would choose arbico, LG are superb, and as i think it is an integral part of your setup (its the bit your always lookin at)...

K_elt 20:58 09 Mar 08

I bought an Arbico computer for my daughter around Christmas and it is all running well. As is normal, people only tend to come on the forums about a supplier/maker when experiencing trouble, rather than when things go well.

The only thing I would say would be that they partitioned the drive in 2 equal sized partitions. If you don't want this for any reason you may want to check before it is sent out.

One particularly pleasing thing though was the inclusion of the Windows Vista disk rather than a recovery disk.

My daughter is well chuffed with her computer, which was a recommended buy in PCAdvisor.

K_elt

Patr100 23:09 09 Mar 08

I've seen no complaints that I can remember on this forum or elsewhere about Arbico and usually no news is good news so I assume they must have a lot of satisfied customers.

Geoff11 19:23 25 May 09

I ordered a computer from Arbico in april 2009. I had to return it to them twice, each time they sent it back to me after reassuring me it passed all of their "thorough diagnostic tests" However, The machine I ended up couldn't even load a CD-ROM without crashing...
They offered to load all the prgrammes I needed onto it for me and then test it to se if it worked... How impractical! And a waste of time, as I need a fully operating computer for work.
As they claim there were no problems with the machine as it "passed all of their tests" (why would I return it if it worked??) they only gave me a partial refund of the amount I paid for the hunk of junk I recieved.

<----Very unsatisfied Arbico customer.

minikayslay 17:23 16 Mar 10

Go with Arbico you cant go wrong Great Customer service. Great build too.

politeruin 20:13 18 Mar 10

I've read very few but nevertheless good things about Arbico but i still wonder why there is still such little feedback about them. I'm looking at the latest best buy machine from them at the moment (HD 7577 XL) and thought i'd email them with some queries but that was 2 days ago now and not helping to allay my concerns. Seeking them out on Google streetview probably didn't help either! :S

red1977 08:18 19 Mar 10

Bought one about a year ago, had no problem with it would definitely recommend.

red1977 08:22 19 Mar 10

The shop does not look like a corporate HQ but I preferred buying from a small company run by enthusiasts. My e mails took a couple of days to be responded to but the advice they gave was sound.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac