April PCA issue

anchor 13:14 26 Feb 04

This may be of interest to our Dairy Farm members, (I don`t know who else!).

Quote from PCA e-mail:

Udderly fantastic:
Milking the herd was once a hands-on and labour intensive job. Even modern automated systems have needed human intervention, that is, until now, we investigate the benefits of robotic milking.

Are you scraping the barrel PCA?; this article would be better placed in Farmers Weekly.

Jester2K 13:17 26 Feb 04

Thats what the missus said "Why are you reading a Farming Mag??"

vinnyT 14:14 26 Feb 04

I like the review of Panda Platinum Internet Security software on page 67 by Roger Gann.

Now in the space of a short article using the full title 3 or 4 times would have taken up too much space. So, naturally (like I would), he shortens it to Panda PIS, there are some gems in there for those of us with a juvanile (spelling?) sense of humour. Thanks, Roger

Forum Editor 17:32 26 Feb 04

Not really - from time to time we feel our readers might like something a little different, although still technology-related. An unrelieved diet of WinXP tips and hardware reviews needs the occasional hint of seasoning we think, and so we went down on the farm.

Did you read the article by the way?

oresome 18:36 26 Feb 04

I for one welcome the broader approach and like to be kept informed of related developments. As the Ed says, it makes a more interesting read.

anchor 18:43 26 Feb 04

No, I have not had time to read the article yet, but having no interest in modern methods in milking cows, I don`t think I will.

I, and probably many others, buy a computer magazine to learn more about computers, their hardware & software. If PCA continue go down this road, where will it end; possibly with customers buying alternative magazines?.

Perhaps a poll on the subject might give the editorial staff some ideas for changing the "unrelieved diet of WinXP tips and hardware reviews".

The Spires 19:49 26 Feb 04

I have herd it all before :-)

As Joey from 'Friends' once said, "It's a moo point"

whatsupdoc 21:04 26 Feb 04

please keep on broadening our horizons.

MidgetMan 08:53 27 Feb 04

This is just "milking" the subject now.:>)

anchor 09:17 27 Feb 04

Sometimes PCA ask me to give opinions on different cover designs; perhaps they should also ask opinions on content. Some might say that could be a "moo-t" point.

Anyway, I think its now about time to close this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…