AOL v Ntl

prima12 14:39 28 Nov 04

Has anybody any views or preferences on these? At present I am on Ntl 600K(750K) and I know that AOL is on 512K at the same price as Ntl.

wallbash 14:48 28 Nov 04

Sorry do not understand the question, at the moment you are on the better deal. ( unless your showing off). But its been reported that in the new year Ntl is going to vastly increase the speed , without hiking the price. As im on NTL (750) looking forward to the greater speed.
So let us both have a grin on our faces.

terryr48 14:49 28 Nov 04

Something to read before changing click here HTH.

prima12 14:54 28 Nov 04

It's just that Ntl is not the most reliable ISP now is it?

prima12 14:57 28 Nov 04

Read your link, how would I equate what 30Gb will allow me to download?

terryr48 15:13 28 Nov 04

Sorry I don't know the answer to that one, but I am sure someone on the forum will

wallbash 16:09 28 Nov 04

Better the devil you Know ????
On balance I've been lucky with NTL over the past couple of years. Have two teenagers , so three computers networked. Was worried about capping , downloaded Bandwidth meter. Now I'm home all day (reading this and other sites ! ) but am no where near any bandwidth limits. Believe unless you down load films or mege mega software, you wont have any problems.

The Spires 17:27 28 Nov 04

30 Gig will be about 7,500 mp3's.

Jarvo 18:12 28 Nov 04

Have a look at your hard drive and see how much you have used! probably not 30gb unless you do a lot of digital imaging / video. 30gb is a more than fair quota if you ask me and if you need more you should expect to pay more, using a cap like this helps keep BB prices reasonable for the masses. As for NTL their customer support can be a little wobbly at times but once up and running the connection on a whole is very stable. I have found that AOL's software can be a little intrusive but given how NTL have been and still are driving up the connection speeds I see no reason to change. I understand that speeds of 5-10 Mbs are the norm in the US of A now and could see this happening with cable in th UK offer the next few years so stick with what you have got is my advice.

Jarvo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…