aol twice the speed for same price!!

i'm with aol and they are now increasing the bb speeds for the same price as the old speed..check here click here
for the aol pricing plan..thats a 2mbit connection for £29.99!!!!

CurlyWhirly 11:41 07 Feb 05

Thanks for that.
Even though my telephone line will ONLY support 1mb speed, I have just confirmed with AOL that when the speed upgrades come about, my current Platinum service will be downgraded to Gold saving me £5 a month!
I *won't* be losing anything as I will still be on 1mb.
The new 2mb service is going to be Platinum, hence the reason for my 'downgrade' name wise not speed wise! LOL

Stuartli 17:40 07 Feb 05

According to the Mail on Sunday's Financial Mail supplement, Tiscali offers 512kbps broadband at £15.99 and the 2MB service for the same charge...:-)

seems cheap enough,but what are the resrictions on the connections!!as you may allready know aol have no restrictions not capped etc..regards karl

Mr Mistoffelees 18:02 07 Feb 05

The Tiscali 2Mbps connection has a 2GB per month useage limit.

Cybermaxx 20:44 07 Feb 05

yes, I've read about the AOL upgrades. I'm with Pipex, and I've just emailed them to ask when they're going to follow suit. I'm currently using a 512kb connection, but the AOL 1MB service has become attractive.

AOL £24.99
Pipex £33.99

They're going to have to do something!

TopBloke37 21:40 07 Feb 05

Ive been with Pipex since June 2003 and while a satisfied customer I have also just emailed them saying I'm going to migrate to Tiscali 2mb @ 15.99 or Prodigy 2mb @ 14.99! Both with free activation etc. Ive basically said to them "what are you gonna do" or give me a MAC number to cancel and leave to a much cheaper service. After all if you can go from 27.99 1mb to 14.99 2mb with the same capped limits, why not??

Cybermaxx 22:11 07 Feb 05

Exactly! At the end of this month my first year with Pipex will be up. The modem is mine now. Compete or lose another customer. Their decision.

Stuartli 11:21 08 Feb 05

I presumed it was an error but, it seems, it's an introductory offer:

click here

Tiscali normally offers unlimited broadband; there are links to its other broadband services at the above URL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…