AOL Support problems

Mollo 16:36 04 Aug 05

What's going on at AOL. My daughter tried to upgrade to their Silver package six months ago and since then she has been unable to connect to the internet. The "Support" crew have shuffled reponsibility onto BT and try as she may between them nothing gets fixed. She is still in her first year but AOL are taking her money under false pretences and she wants to cancel her contract.
How can she do this? I've heard that AOL will still demand money for this non-service and are getting away with it.

the kopite 17:50 04 Aug 05

Your Daughter could inform AOL as they have now started to charge for what was a free helpline they have broken the terms of the contract and she wishes therefor to end this contract my friend did this and AOL agreed he had till the first of september to cancell hope this helps kopite

Mollo 18:53 04 Aug 05

Thanks kopite
I've just phoned her and she's taking your advice.

the kopite 13:49 07 Aug 05

Hi mollo how did your daughter get on with aol my friend has migrated ok kopite

Mollo 13:07 08 Aug 05

Hi! kopite,
You are so considerate you must be a Scouser!!!
Some things can be easily sorted others not.
I strolled over to the neighbour and asked two questions and guess what! Yes, he did have and use a computer and No, he didn't have Broadband because his wife had checked out and discovered that even though the exchange is enabled it was unavailable to them.
My daughter contacted AOL on the phone and fiiiinally got somebody who understood the problem and arranged to revert back to plain old Dialup with a suitable agreement to cover the six months lack of service.
Soooo! She awaits connection today and I hope all is well.

the kopite 08:00 09 Aug 05

mollo That is a unbelivable lapse by AOL but I am not suprised surely they must have a check in place I know when my friend signed with them they had a program with which you could check if your exchange was bb enabled but I am glad your daughter got it sorted and yes I am a scouser lol Kopite

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…