AOL subscription

bunkum 15:43 02 Jul 03

Sometime in May when I was having trouble with NTL server, I decided to try an AOL free trial.After telephoning to cancel this trial I was persuaded to trial for the further month of June. On 30 June I phoned to cancel to be told that the payment instruction had "already gone through".
Am I being paranoid about a lost £13.99 or should I worry?
BUNKUM

Giggle n' Bits 22:27 02 Jul 03

Call them again to confirm its has been canx and watch ya bank ballance.

muscic lover 22:54 02 Jul 03

You phoned to cancel....before the end of the trial, they took your money......breach of agreement I'd say.
Phone them and TELL them you want your money back....... Its up to you.....I'd go for it and write to the customer relations manager at AOL and say 'foul play' Give me back my money which you took incorrectly .............
Do it, and do it now!

Djohn 01:29 03 Jul 03

AOL will always bill you one month in advance, so it will depend on your billing date! If you phoned on the 30th. June to cancel, the payment may have just gone through for July, not June!

IE: you where given May/June free, but are paying for July. Find the date of billing, then ask them to cancel your account on the day prior to this. You can make this request in advance, just request an e-mail to confirm same. Regards. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…