aol isp and contract

ir24 15:28 22 Aug 08

I was an existing aol customer for years and asked in carphone warehouse if free laptop deal applied to existing customers. I was told yes and it would cost £5 more making it £19.99 a month. they asked it I wanted aol talk as well. I told them I was locked in a contract with bt and they repeated price would be 19.99

Before cooling off period, I found out it would cost £29.99 a month if I did not have AOl talk. I tried cancelling and was told on 1st call I did not need to cancel yet, as I could cancel at any time. On 2nd call, they said if I stayed with Aol, i would only pay £19.99 not 29.99, so I did. Both calls within cooling off period

Got letter after cooling off period saying will cost 29.99. rang again and assured will cost 19.99. got another letter in june and rang again. told would cost 29.99. spoke to customer services. Assured it would be 19.99. got bank statement in august and they had took 59.98. rang again and told I would have to pay 29.99 and if I wanted to cancel it would cost me 19 months payment at 19.99 a month.

what do i do now? I tried cancelling twice in cooling off period and 1st call was totally wrong and told me I could cancel later. 2nd call in cooling off period told me if I did not cancel, they would charge me only 19.99 for next 24 months and not 29.99. Now they insist I must pay 29.99 or 19 payments of 19.99 to cancel.

tullie 15:55 22 Aug 08

You have two threads on same subject,you should tick one as resolved.

spuds 16:42 22 Aug 08

You could try one or all of these organisations for help and advice.
click here
click here
click here

ir24 16:56 22 Aug 08

thanks

Covergirl 20:41 22 Aug 08

IR24 - I reckon you need to be a bit more assertive. Tell them who you've talked to and when,and insist on the lower price until one of you cracks. Insist on it.
I'd get a talkative mate to do it for me. Like, I wouldn't know how to bargain on a new car - I'd get me brother-in-law on the job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…