//some 3rd party need geo

AOL has to start chargin VAT.

he he :-)™ 21:59 16 Mar 03

Look at this click here . So prices to go up then?

VoG™ 22:33 16 Mar 03

If you can persuade Blueyonder to stop charging me VAT I'm right behind you. Unfortunately that is not going to happen and AOL subscribers will pay more (apparently).

I'm all in favour of a level playing field.

he he :-)™ 22:37 16 Mar 03

ahhh I going to virgin.net then i'm not paying more. I'll just wait and see whether they do put them up.

he he :-)™ 22:51 16 Mar 03

All AOL says is We do not have any information regarding this or it's not within my power to tell you. In other words its true but i'm not telling you yet you'll know when your bill comes through.

simonp1 23:01 16 Mar 03

I thought i have been paying VAT. At £15.99 per month (for dial up) this is one of the most expensive isp's around. Well bb for me in 4 weeks time so no more money for AOL then.

he he :-)™ 23:04 16 Mar 03

yeah if u go to keyword billing and click on detailed billing it sats in the bottom roght hand corner America Online inc. is not required under current law to charge UK VAT.

he he :-)™ 23:06 16 Mar 03

ment to say: it says in the bottom right hand corner.

davidg_richmond 01:25 17 Mar 03

lol @ he he :-) is this your own private chat room?!

Djohn 01:41 17 Mar 03

he he :-)™, is a great Lancashire lad, (like myself), and often finds that he can solve his own problems by posting to the forum, and then answering them himself! ;o)

simonp1 08:02 17 Mar 03

Your right he he, i never knew that,well spotted.

Stuartli 08:21 17 Mar 03

Seems perfectly fair to me that VAT is levied. Why should AOL charge more and have the financial benefit over other ISPs?

It could reclaim the VAT - its subscribers are very unlikely to be able to do so.

AOL is, apparently, currently in a unique situation and it's a loophole that should have been closed a long time ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…