AOL broadband silver

Rwstill 12:14 10 Sep 04

Just found out that I can now receive broadband.
Looked in the archive to see if anyone as asked my question, could'nt find one.
Question is i'm on AOL and would like to know if anyone as tried thier silver plan (5 times faster)is it 5 times faster, I read somewhere in the agreement that you have to pay extra if you went to a website in another country.
I would be thankful if someone on this tariff could anwser these questions.
Ralph.

pj123 13:02 10 Sep 04

Well from what I can see there does not appear to be any restrictions at all click here

I am in fact, recommending a friend who is on AOL dialup to switch to BB with AOL.

plsndrs3 13:39 10 Sep 04

Yes, the downloads are faster - not sure if the are 5 times, but definitely faster. No, AOL do not operate any restrictions. I guess the only charges that might apply are if one visits 'adult' sites [or others] that require memberhip.

Just an additional £3 per month &, so far, happy with the service. Broadband was up & running within a week of being made the offer via Tech Chat.

HTH

Paul

CurlyWhirly 17:08 10 Sep 04

I have been on AOL Broadband Gold for nearly 18 months (ever since my exchange got upgraded to broadband last year) and I am very pleased with the service so far in fact I have just put an order in to upgrade to their Platinum service as it is only £5 more a month.

I put the order in on 6th September and I have just been informed that I will be upgraded on Monday 13th so not to long for me to wait now!
CW

CurlyWhirly 17:11 10 Sep 04

p.s. I couldn't upgrade to 1 mb service as I was too far away from the exchange before 6th September.
CW

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 20:05 10 Sep 04

I've had mine a day and sent it back.

I didn't set it up so don't know what its like.

But my main Pc is currently at the end of a long extension lead and i wanted to scrap all that and go wireless as i also have a laptop in the house.

AOL Silver does not support routers or is able to run 2 PCs at the same time. This is only availiable on GOLD or PLATI.

Depends on your needs really.

Rwstill 20:18 10 Sep 04

Thanks for the replies
I think I will have a go at the silver tariff.
After all only a pound a week extra for that extra bit of speed.
Just so long as there are no hidden extras.
Thanks again.
Ralph.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…