AOL Broadband Reconnection Nightmares

eggedd2k 14:21 14 Oct 07

We moved into our new house early september. The first thing i did was ring aol to put in a house move request.

the weeks passed by and still no broadband. i contacted them and they said that there had been a problem with the reconnection - so they placed the request again.

anyway, fast forward to today and i rang them back to find out what was happening.

apparently the request had been refused by BT (who's line's they are) and that i should ring them.

i called them and was advised that there was no tags on the line at all. they said this is all that would prevent my isp from connecting me up.

i went back to aol and they had no record of any house move reconnections.

they said they'd need to create a fresh request for broadband BUT also confirmed that there was no tags on the line - they said everything should go through fine.

they also changed my contract to 9.99 for 6 months for 8mb - which is fine.

as there are no tags on the line now, i'm hoping there shouldnt be any more problems getting reconnected to broadband.

i believe the problem was caused by the previous owners BT broadband connection - i think the tags must have still been on the line which was causing the aol requests to fail.

anyone else had problems like this?

xania 12:45 18 Oct 07

It would be nice if ISP's got round to telling customers when things need to be done, but this seems to be beyond the scope of their 'service'.

FatboySlim71 09:16 19 Oct 07

This is the kind of "one doesnt know what the other is doing" service that I got from AOL, I finally got sick and tiried of their dire service and them promising to do things/get stuff sorted and it not getting done, so I moved to Zen click here and their service is light years ahead of AOL's

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…