AOL Broadband pricing

Kernel 16:32 09 Dec 04

My local exchange became broadband enabled yesterday and I rang AOL to subscribe. When I pressed the key to go to billing a disembodied voice told me to remember to ask for the latest offers on AOL Broadband for existing customers.
When he answered I asked the operator for the best price on Broadband Silver for existing customers and was told £17.99p per month. I queried this as this seemed to be the overall going price, after a lot of hassle I was told that the price for the Silver subscription was normally £19.99p but was reduced to £17.99p for existing customers, feeling I had lost the battle I took out a subscription. A few minutes later I wandered into the lounge where my wife was watching television and almost immediately there was an advertisement, on National television, for AOL Broadband Silver at £17.99p per month. Am I missing something somewhere or is someone telling porkies?

Diemmess 17:14 09 Dec 04

A son and I with different addresses,each have BB contract with Aol. He signed up for Silver @ £19.99, but recently was told his contract had been adjusted to 17.99.

I, running Gold, went to Live Help and said "What about me?"....... UKAgentxyz said we do not have any plans to change at this time"

Market forces again?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now