aol broadband computer error message

Nowell 07:22 07 Oct 03

i have installed my aol b/b kit+ aol xp driver downloads to my packard bell imedia computer(xp home).when connecting usb to computer I keep getting error message usb devise not recognised etc...aol tell me it a problem with my usb chip(sis 7001)it not got enough internal power for my modem( I already run my printer & camera ok).what can I do ,I have already purchased a usb hub this will not help.do I have to install an adsl internal board ,please help aol are as much use as a chocolate fireguard

graham√ 09:15 07 Oct 03

This may get a better response in Helproom.

Forget the hub you purchased for the minute. Disconnect everything from USBs except the modem, and boot up. Does the power light come on?

graham√ 09:26 07 Oct 03

Found this site so I'll park it here for now

click here

The Sack 21:34 07 Oct 03

Voyager 100?

Go into the device manger and find the modem (globespan WAN ADSL Modem) open its properties and uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" find it in the USB bit at the bottom and do the same. If this doesnt work you are better off buying a powered USB hub and running it off that.

the problem is the modem (all USB ADSL modems) draw 500mA and the USB port can only deliver 500mA if the modem draws a little more or the port provides a little less it does belly up.

Printers are self powered and camera dont draw anything like this amount.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…