AOL advertising DVD copy software!

ivesy 17:58 31 Jan 04

I've just seen on the AOL welcome screen a download for a program called "1 Click DVD copy 2.3". It claims to make copies of all DVD's. The copies wont contain the copy protection (which obviously is there to stop piracy). Comments from users who have downloaded this software on the CNET site include people using this software to "backup" commercial movie DVD's. My point is isn't AOL part of Time Warner the company who on the start of all there movies tell us NOT to copy them? Yet they are advertising a program that does EXACTLY that?

The Spires 19:48 31 Jan 04

A while ago I had a Sony Cd player that as one of the functions woud split an album up to fit on a C60 or C90 tape, Sony also owned Columbia Records & would sell the tapes to copy the album on to. Things are much the same today, whatever you do Sony can't really loose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…