Anyone used this website opinions required

julius44 12:00 04 Aug 08

Hello i'm looking to buy a brand new 32 inch tv in a few days time. i know its good to shop around online as huge savings can be made, especially in the current economic climate we live in. Anyway i came across this site..click here

click here

An i just wanted peoples opinion, or if anyone has used this site, they are offering a 5 years warranty, and free delivery as well, all for £400!! and i'm thinking hmm, but that TV is the one i'm after, and on other sites its up to £150-£200 more expensive... i'd just like peoples opinions, or if anyone has used this site..or even if there are sites Cheaper then this...but i guess that would be pushing it. thanks

day2strike 12:18 04 Aug 08

Never heard of them, your not spamming are you?

User2008 12:19 04 Aug 08

2 links to the site, new user.... spam

Only address (as their head office on their PDF warranty card)) I could find is 15 Knightland Road E5 9HR and it seems to be a Residential area.

julius44 12:21 04 Aug 08

Spamming??!! I dont understand your question, day2strike. i just wanted peoples opinions on the website, and if u or anyone else can tell me what u think when u click on the link. Now why would i spam i dont even know what u mean or have the time for such anyway.

GaT7 12:24 04 Aug 08

They have a UK address click here, which is a good sign.

Would be wise to read their T&Cs click here. Some things would put me off - not sure how other major retailers compare:

"We reserve the right to charge for failed deliveries. If goods are returned to us due to no one being available to sign for them, you will be refunded less the delivery charge and an admin fee of £25. If an agreement is made to re-deliver the Product, you will be charged for re-delivery and an admin fee of £25.....

"All products that are returned and are found to be working to the manufacturer's specifications will be subject to carriage and inspection surcharges. Any returned goods refused to be accepted back by the customer will also incur direct costs at a minimum 15% of the invoice price plus an administration fee for processing."

Some discussions about Teleland over at the AV Forums click here.

Some HUKD Teleland deals click here.

You'll need to read through the above to see if anyone has given them favourable feedback. G

nosharpe 12:27 04 Aug 08

click here A number of mixed reviews here.

If you have any doubts, phone them and ask them questions about delivery, etc.
When you purchase the TV, pay for it using a credit card. You get added consumer protection using a credit card.

julius44 12:38 04 Aug 08

thanks ive seen these reviews thats why i was a bit concerned so im still thinking bout it. are there any other decent tv websites around pls? thanks

User2008 12:45 04 Aug 08

Amazon, play, john lewis, comet, currys, dixons, empire direct, marks and spencer, tesco, pcworld, argos to name a few.

bstb3 12:48 04 Aug 08

click here

I dont know if its the exact same model as the one on Teleland, but its seems similar though you would need to check the specs. £399 with free delivery, hopefully without the crazy delivery terms and charges highlighted by Crossbow7 above

djbenny 12:59 04 Aug 08

click here have cheap tv's and click here

spuds 13:23 04 Aug 08

I think trading standards might be interested in all those 'administration fees' and returns.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced