Anyone used Start up Delayer?

anskyber 15:30 25 Jan 09

I am using Vista but it matters not since the same problem applies to all OSs and that is the start up process on a PC can be sort of random.

Because Vista has a sidebar I like to use a gadget associated with Skype. The problem is the gadget just beats Skype to the start and as a result I often have to restart the gadget so it syncs with Skype.

I found the free software which appears to allow a delay on startup for the various programs. Normally I would just go ahead and give it a try but for some reason I'm reluctant to do so. Has anyone any experience of this program? click here

Before anyone asks I have nothing to do with the company and I assure you this is not Spam.

aine 17:39 25 Jan 09

I have got startup delayer, to be honest I have not noticed any difference in the start up times. Aine

laurie53 19:29 25 Jan 09

Programme called Winpatrol allows start up delays, among many other things.

I use for Skype, HP printer programmes and some other things.

Works for me, and the lite version is free.

I got mine from a PCA disc, so you may find it in Downloads.

anskyber 17:14 26 Jan 09

Thanks.

laurie53 19:58 26 Jan 09

Just noticed that WinPatrol is on this months disc.

Snec 18:00 27 Jan 09

I've tried one or two of these things and, like Aine above, have found them to make no difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…