Anyone used http://www.overclockers.co.uk

Jameslayer 17 Nov 11

Hi my mate just ordered a 2k pc from them wondered if anyone has used them before?

carver 18 Nov 11

I've used them for buying components and up till now service has been first rate, even faulty stuff has been dealt with very good service and very quick turnaround.

spuds 18 Nov 11

Haven't used them myself, but they use to have some good reports on this forum. You don't seem to see them mentioned much on the forum nowadays though.

Tried to do a forum search, using the search box, but ended up with the Microsoft advert?.

T0SH 18 Nov 11

I used them once a very long time back when the first appeared on the internet, I paid a premium price for an Intel pentium processor which was said to be tested and guaranteed to be overclockable, it came in a box with the seal broken but when fitted into the motherboard and booted up it opened with an Intel splash screen announcing something like "Welcome to the first bootup of your new Intel processor"

So I have never used them again

Cheers HC

Jameslayer 18 Nov 11

Cheers. Must be nice to have over 2k to splash on a new pc.

D@ve 19 Nov 11

T0SH, surely that would be a sign that it was the motherboard's first boot, and that the CPU could very well have been tested previously. Did it actually overclock well?

Jameslayer 19 Nov 11

Dve that makes sense.

His PC came today like he paid for. But they havnt fitted his graphic cards. He seems to have all the boxes and paperwork he should have. I have left him in his room fitting the graphic cards wiill let you all know how it goes.

Jameslayer 19 Nov 11

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-174-OE link to the comp he bought. He has opted for 2 580s.

Jameslayer 19 Nov 11

well update after ,iuch faffing the 2 graphic cards are in. thnen after more faffing got pc to get past the splash screen. To find cd drive doenst open.

RobCharles1981 19 Nov 11

Check inside the case to see if the Power Cables are connected ?

rdave13 19 Nov 11

Jameslayer

Spending that amount of money on a PC and having to faff around would make me contact customer services straight away and politely complain about their 'poor' product.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message