Anyone use PBsoftware.co.uk?

Softrock 14:42 05 Mar 09

Hey,

Need to get some stuff for our company, mostly design software, these guys have the cheapest pricing but get voicemail whenever I call so can;t really speak to anyone personally. Anyone use these guys before? Need to make a big purchase so just need to be sure.

Thanks

FR

interzone55 14:47 05 Mar 09

Have you tried to email them at customerservice AT pbsoftware .co .uk (sorry broken up to stop the click here) and asking for a call back.

click here for contact page

The software doesn't look too cheap, so the site is most probably genuine.

Softrock 15:00 05 Mar 09

Hey Alan,

Thanks for your input.

I just checked out their address on google, first link

Virtual Office Services London

PB Software
26 York Street
London
W1U 6PZ

I don't know what to think to be honest. Can't get hold of anyone, just tried calling again.. and then spoke with online chat who told me that its because they have a high call volume so all reps were busy but is it possible that they're just always soo busy as I've tried many times.

FR

spuds 17:38 05 Mar 09

I know absolutely nothing about this company, but going by the contact and actions of this company, I would be very much inclined to go elsewhere.

birdface 09:51 06 Mar 09

Not many reviews about it.So hard to say whether it is good or not.
Found this.click here
But it does not have a security clearance with WOT so I would imagine just a new Company maybe.

Softrock 13:28 06 Mar 09

Still not sure mate..

And they're still not answering..arrrgeehhh!!

birdface 14:08 06 Mar 09

If they are not answering now you may have less chance when you purchase anything.
Maybe someone can recommend a better supplier.

zorba11 12:30 12 Mar 09

I ordered CSR Web Premium at nearly 1000squid for our business on Friday, and was given an estimate of 2-3 days for delivery. Its now thurs (day4) and I was slightly concerned !

I must say, after ringing back this morning and no-one picking up, and even the livechat session being disconnected without anyone ever appearing on the other end, and then finding this thread, I was WELL WORRIED !!

Then I checked my email and I got a "shipment notice" this morning. Looked like it had only been dispatched today! Oh well, better late than being scammed I thought.

The shipment notice had a fedex code in it so I went onto the fedex site and pumped it in. Yes, it was genuine, and apparently our software left CALIFORNIA of all places yesterday, with an estimated arrival here in belfast of tomorrow.

UPDATE: as I'm typing, customer services came back by email to confirm the above.

So, looks ok, but the lack of access to someone to confirm, together with similar stories above, did leave me feeling a bit shaky there for a day or two !!

If you don't hear back from me here 2moro, assume the package arrived safely.

Chris1948 17:06 25 Mar 09

Checked with them software was in stock...assured it was..then ordered and paid for urgent delivery..unable to elicit reply to phonecalls, web based live chat and Emails.

They take money for urgent despatch but are hopeless at communication I am now at end of day 2 for delivery and yet to receive Email that goods have gone out.

A good price but terrible service, I will think twice before using them again

d_bartlett 02:46 09 May 09

I actually bought 3x Photoshop Windows CS4 Edition for the bank I work for. I got a tracking number emailed in 3 hours and the software arrived next day. All working great and saved about £350 off Amazon's total price. They sorted me out very quick.. A* for 1st order!

notned 11:18 26 May 09

I ordered CS4 Monday 18 May. Received this morning 26 May 09:30. I think that was quite good.

Having read the messages above I did not try to contact them by phone. By email they seem very responsive though. I emailed them Thursday to enquire progress; they emailed back advising Monday (25th). Tracking number received Sunday (perhaps late Sat). FedEx tracking worked very well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5