Anyone Use Pale Moon?

Input Overload 10:30 AM 10 Jan 12

I use Chrome as my main browser & have done for some time & I feel it has evolved into a stable fast browser that is perhaps for me the best.

I was looking on a software site I frequent yesterday & was intrigued by a (jumped up I thought) Mozilla based browser called 'Pale Moon'.

Just out of interest & mostly because I am an incurable fiddler & despite my brain saying leave well alone I decided to try PM. I also wanted to see if the posters high opinions who I respect regarding this modified Firefox were viable or not & why.

I was and still are very, very impressed with this Firefox lookalike, it seems to sort all the issues as to why Firefox is not on this PC despite many tries.

I might even keep Pale Moon on as the more I use it the more I like it, & although it is Firefox based it does not behave like Firefox 9.xx, even with the many tweaks I have tried.

If you use Windows & like Firefox I think you will love Pale Moon, if you love Chrome you might even like PM.

HondaMan 14:32 PM 10 Jan 12

Thanks for this link. I have just downloaded it. Initial response is very favourable.

ams4127 17:49 PM 10 Jan 12

I've been using it for a couple of weeks, on and off.

It certainly seems to be pretty good so far in it's overall performance. I haven't read anything yet as regards it's security.

Shows promise.

Input Overload 19:06 PM 10 Jan 12

I've been using it all day & it's had some hammer, for me it's far better than the same version of FF I tried out a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for replies :-)

Forum Editor 19:14 PM 10 Jan 12

PaleMoon distinguished itself by causing Norton to flag a high-risk malicious file warning ( in the file download and then refusing to run.

I'll give it a miss for now,and take a closer look when I have more time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know