Anyone Use Pale Moon?

Input Overload 10:30 10 Jan 12

I use Chrome as my main browser & have done for some time & I feel it has evolved into a stable fast browser that is perhaps for me the best.

I was looking on a software site I frequent yesterday & was intrigued by a (jumped up I thought) Mozilla based browser called 'Pale Moon'.

Just out of interest & mostly because I am an incurable fiddler & despite my brain saying leave well alone I decided to try PM. I also wanted to see if the posters high opinions who I respect regarding this modified Firefox were viable or not & why.

http://www.palemoon.org/

I was and still are very, very impressed with this Firefox lookalike, it seems to sort all the issues as to why Firefox is not on this PC despite many tries.

I might even keep Pale Moon on as the more I use it the more I like it, & although it is Firefox based it does not behave like Firefox 9.xx, even with the many tweaks I have tried.

If you use Windows & like Firefox I think you will love Pale Moon, if you love Chrome you might even like PM.

HondaMan 14:32 10 Jan 12

Thanks for this link. I have just downloaded it. Initial response is very favourable.

ams4127 17:49 10 Jan 12

I've been using it for a couple of weeks, on and off.

It certainly seems to be pretty good so far in it's overall performance. I haven't read anything yet as regards it's security.

Shows promise.

Input Overload 19:06 10 Jan 12

I've been using it all day & it's had some hammer, for me it's far better than the same version of FF I tried out a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for replies :-)

Forum Editor 19:14 10 Jan 12

PaleMoon distinguished itself by causing Norton to flag a high-risk malicious file warning (suspicious.cloud.7.F) in the file download and then refusing to run.

I'll give it a miss for now,and take a closer look when I have more time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…