Anyone use Ebid?

crashb648 13:37 PM 14 Apr 11

After failing to sell a few items on ebay, ive been reccomended by a few magerzines that Ebid is an excellent alternative to ebay. Anyone use Ebid? Can you tell me if there is a greater chance of selling items there?

spuds 14:43 PM 14 Apr 11

At the end of the day, its whether the buyer wants the items that you are wanting to sell, at the right price, with a good honest description, and perhaps including prompt secure delivery.

There are also techniques of presenting an item on Ebay, and that includes other auction and selling/buying websites. There are many books that have been written on the subject. Might pay to have a browse in the local library or booksellers for further help and advice on that matter!.

Personally I have never considered Ebid, because Ebay covers all my daily needs, so I cannot offer any opinion on Ebid.

xania 15:17 PM 15 Apr 11

I agreed with Spuds.

As with all auctions, timing is everything. You can place an item and no-one is interested - try two days later and they are queuing up to buy. When an item fails to sell on Ebay, they always give you the opportunity to re-post at no additional charge - which I always do. Patience has its own rewards, but its also better if end times/days can be varied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016