Anyone thought about a DVD magazine

siliconbits 22:01 02 Mar 04

Would it be a selling point, having your whole magazine (including adverts) in a convenient PDF format a la PC Plus to be or bought, instead of the thousands of pages annually (not mentionning the cost to trees and forests). Personnally, 1 would not spit on an offer like 24 DVDs year for 24 pounds, no paper magazine...

What you think?

carver 22:22 02 Mar 04

Try reading a DVD in a doctors waiting room or how about sat on a loo, it's also been proven that people absorb more information if it is in printed form.

Jester2K 22:28 02 Mar 04

"sat on a loo" & "absorb" - priceless...

Or on a plane, train, back of a car, in front of the TV whilst Missus watches soaps.

And with a magazine i can take it in the bath, the garden and throw it on the floor and not worry about scratches etc

and its recyclable...

Forum Editor 22:33 02 Mar 04

you don't need to buy any hardware to read a printed magazine - you already have it installed.

siliconbits 22:50 02 Mar 04

I hope you get my point... Just like having a magazine with or without DVD, it would make sense to have a paper and a digital version of the magazine. The later one could offer so much more; just stretch your imagination. The LOO thing is pretty convincing though ;-)

Jester2K 22:52 02 Mar 04

Well PCA do a CD with PDF versions of their back catalogue - usually get one free with my subscriptions...

Jester2K 23:03 02 Mar 04

Also mag don't have batteries..... and your not likely to get mugged for a mag either...

siliconbits 23:22 02 Mar 04

Does anyone believe in a DVD-format magazine out there? Come on, wouldn't anyone be interested in a 2 year subscription to PCadvisor with a free DVDROM player for 25 quids? At £9 a pop for the DVDROM and £8 for the 24 DVDs (around 100 Gigs of space mind u)... This would probably be a buyer...

siliconbits 23:23 02 Mar 04

"sat on a loo" & "absorb" = Advert for virgin's text service.... Use your thumb for something useful ;-)

Jester2K 07:34 03 Mar 04

Where exactly are you getting your pricing from?

mole44 07:58 03 Mar 04

mmm,well i still got some mags that were for my specrum that came on cassette.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…