Anyone shopped online with Sterling House?

Richard Madeley 16:32 09 Jan 04

click here

Is it as good as it looks?

spuds 19:24 09 Jan 04

Sterling House have been around a long time now. I purchased a bike from them, and I am more than satisfied.Local bike shops not very pleased though.

hoop 20:37 09 Jan 04

I got three bikes from them just before xmas. The prices now are even lower, and although 2 out of the three bikes I ordered were out of stock, the replacements were very acceptable. (They claim to send higher value if what you order isn`t in stock).

Delivery was within the stated times too.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Richard Madeley 21:11 09 Jan 04

Marvelous.

Richard Madeley 09:29 07 Feb 04

Or not so marvelous.

In case anyone does a search in future...

Ordered the bikes, which were apparently 'end of line sale' but they were out of stock (hmm, how can you have stock that your selling off yet can re-order?).

They only turned up yesterday, two weeks after they should have. They are not the bikes we ordered (but we knew that might happen) but the models sent are not even listed on the Sterling House web site (so I can't check if they are of a 'higher value').

The main problem is that the bikes are currently not rideable as there are no pedals with one of them and the handle bars of the other one are impossible to attach. The 'supplied' allen key has not been supplied and even if it had been the fitting on the handle bars is not suitable for an allen key as it is round, not hexagonal, and there is no way to grip it to tighten it up.

I have e-mailed Sterling House. I hope It will be resolved soon.

And they failed, as yet to supply the car carrier we ordered.

Approach with caution if you're thinking of ordering.

Internet shopping, I should have gone to Halfords!

spuds 11:11 07 Feb 04

Sounds like you have received a christmas 'Returns'consignment, and the previous people haven't sent all the parts back,plus it would look as though Sterling suppliers haven't completed a returns control check.Possibly a sent-in,re-labeled,sent-out job, due to christmas rush. Hope everything gets sorted quickly, still satisfied with my purchase, even though it was only a few months ago.

Toys'R'Us have a good bike and accessories range, and maybe worth considering, if you cancel your Sterling order.

bruno 20:16 07 Feb 04

I have had seven bikes from them over the last few years for members of my family and they have all been excellent value for money.They were not ordered online,though.they have big adverts in the popular press.

Richard Madeley 19:10 09 Feb 04

Further update for future searchers.

Bikes are superb, irritating niggles aside.

Managed to tighten the handle bars. Replacement pedals and car carrier are on the way.

I have got to praise Sterling House for their quick e-mail responses.

We are also getting a £20 refund and have been offered £10 reimbursement for getting the gears aligned at Halfords.

So all's well...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…