Anyone recommend a USB2 Flash Memory Pen Drive??

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 18:40 16 Jan 04

Hi

I'm looking to buy a USB2 Flash memory Pen Drive.

I need a recommendation from someone who has and uses them.

Ideally I want a reliable and cheap one with more memory the better.

I've looked at a few and see that it is cheaper to buy 2 128Mb drives rather than 1 256Mb drive. Also this has the benefit that there are 2 drives instead of one. And loss of one of two is less drastic.

Also how reliable and effective are they?

Thanks in advance.

MisterPaul 18:52 16 Jan 04

click here . I find it ideal and faultless. Arrived the next day. I went for Crucial because of their good reputation for memory.

Paul

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:56 16 Jan 04

Those are USB 1.1's...;-))))

G

Forum Editor 18:56 16 Jan 04

they slip easily into a shirt pocket, are the easiest things in the world to use, and are relatively inexpensive.

I'm currently using a 500Mb version by Seitec, but I'm afraid I can't remember how much I paid for it.

Forum Editor 19:03 16 Jan 04

I paid £90 for my Seitec drive. You can also boot from it using the supplied software, provided your motherboard supports booting from USB devices.

Gaz 25 19:34 16 Jan 04

I got a nice one from Aldi. Yes aldi.

Gaz 25 19:35 16 Jan 04

They are reliable too.

Al94 20:24 16 Jan 04

No problem with them at all click here

whatsupdoc 20:56 16 Jan 04

i have 3 seitek drives. really reliable and useful. cant think why more people dont use them or maybe their not advertised properly. i also got one from aldi before christmas but lost it but it was just as good as the seitek ones

beattyben 21:40 16 Jan 04

HIYA LOBT

I use memeory sticks, pen drives etc all the time for home and work use. I did manage to get a 256mb memory stick from AUT Direct, (click here)in July 2003 for £46.10 incl VAT and postage, a fabulous little gizmo that has a write protect function. Probably USB 1 but I don't care, it works brilliantly.

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 21:43 16 Jan 04

Where did you get the Seitec drives from?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple