Anyone here recommend decent business card company

erkmatrix 09:34 18 Jul 07

I've been searching a while, I have used vistaprint in the past but don't like the shape of their cards as they are too lond I'm after a regular 8.5cm by 5.5cm size and not too pricey but good service.

Anyone here use a good firm that they'd recommend.

Thanks very much

Phil

spuds 11:47 18 Jul 07

Depends on quantity. Don't know if it applies much these days, but I found that the weekly Exchange and Mart publication contained some very good package deals. Most of the advertisers will send out information packs and/or samples., usually within a 24 hour turn-around.

€dstowe 12:16 18 Jul 07

There will be a print shop fairly local to you. Try them.

erkmatrix 13:18 18 Jul 07

local prices ae always too expensive around were I live so they aren't really an option.

any recommendations anyone?

Phil

Trackrat 14:58 18 Jul 07

Try this one, you get your cards free, I got 100 cards for £2.95, which was the P & P.
I was very pleased with them.

click here

Trackrat 14:59 18 Jul 07

OOps, I missed your reference to Vistaprint.

erkmatrix 16:07 18 Jul 07

Wow I think theres one hell of a gap in the market for business cards, not one company can I find that does a business card 350gsm or more 85cm x 55cm that just wants printing from a file I originally did in rgb. All of them say it has to be cmyk, has to have text within this line that isn't even were they cut them, has to have known fonts, has to have text in paths, has to have this has to have that.

I give up, been searching all day and not found one who will just simply print a photoshop file on card. I find it unbelievable, I've printed artwork in aobe rgb lots of times before and its always come out great.

I did buy some avery quick and clean as thought I'll print myself but got a shock just how thin 250gsm is and its as flimsy as anything and wouldn't make a decent card, no one else does these blank ones on anymore than 250 that I've found.

Find it all unbelievable that no company isn't cashing in on these downfalls and why Vistaprint who I did find made it all simple when ordering don't do on standard shaped cards, its madness.

pj123 16:22 18 Jul 07

Try this one:

click here

erkmatrix 16:34 18 Jul 07

Hi PJ123 I already tried them and they like all only print in cmyk, I converted my rgb and altered it to how I wanted the colours but on their uploaded section it looked horrid with colours not right they said would need to set your values to the appropriate CMYK values. Haven't a clue how to do this.

Totally-braindead 18:20 18 Jul 07

You could create your own - just a suggestion. Only problem with it is the ink printers use will run when wet. I use this way of doing it and make business cards up for me using Microsoft Publisher but theres other programs out there that can do it, some are free, I think you might even be able to do it with Word.

Woolwell 19:39 18 Jul 07

I've used Goodprint for postcards and have found them to be as the name says good. I don't know about their business card but they do them at the size you want.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…