Anyone help in buying extra hard drive space

erkmatrix 17:36 04 Jun 04

I'm thinking of getting some extra space with adding another internal hard drive to my computer but I'm not fantastic at computers and just wondered if it was easy to install one or should I get a external one.

Also where is best to buy I did see a really decent offer not so long ago with aldi, anyone know of a good deal.

Cheers
Phil

spuds 19:58 04 Jun 04

If you intend to install a internal hardrive, here's some video's to look at click here

For the harddrive you could try click here or click here click here Prices of the higher capacity h/d's are being reduced considerable of late.

Aldi were selling some very high spec machines, and they have these offers at frequent intervals. They also sell on a regular basis other computer items, but I have never known them to sell hard drives.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:09 04 Jun 04

Aldi were selling a Medion external HD recently but they went quickly. You can buy an externakl HD case for around £30 and a 40Gb HD for around £40. It is simple to put together and the drive will be instantly recognised by XP. There is nothing to stop you buying extra HDs and changing them over in the case. I've just bought a case from......click here. I prefer an external HD as you can take it with you to other computers or remove it from the computer.

G

Charence 21:25 04 Jun 04

After breaking 2 internal drives myself, I think I'd advise you to get an external. You will be able to carry your files around with you on your hard drive.

click here have some great deals. You can buy a Lacie 160Gb External drive for circ.£100.

Charence

erkmatrix 23:15 04 Jun 04

cheers that does sound the best option then the external and yeah useful for carrying info to other pcs. proberly go for the 160gb one that you mentioned but have a little look round, thanks again.

Phil

byfordr 08:23 05 Jun 04

If not the maxtor one touchs are very good including backup software. click here for prices

R

GroupFC 17:03 07 Jun 04

^

JAMSARNNIE 23:21 07 Jun 04

For anything computer you can't get much better than Novatech.com, they have a great range from many manufacturers and they are quite reasonable and offer fast delivery, they also have a "No Quibble" guarantee

Stuartli 09:18 08 Jun 04

Aldi did a three-figure capacity external HDD (I think it was a Seagate) for around £110 a few weeks ago.

The price of HDDs has dropped dramatically in recent weeks whilst, at the same time, capacity has soared.

Internal 160GB HDDS are from around £58 including VAT from Scan of Bolton (click here) yet, last November, I paid £66 for a 60GB WD600JB with three year warranty.

A fortnight later and the price remained the same but the capacity rose to 80GB...:-(

Ironically the price of 40GB drives at around £37 upwards make them seem poor value compared to the three-figure capacity alternatives.

spuds 13:09 08 Jun 04

Must have missed that week (;o(

accord 13:23 08 Jun 04

Stuartli

Regarding Aldi, have you any experience at buying from them. There is always excitement in the air when Aldis' offers are mentioned on this forum.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…