AL47 17:16 18 Dec 09

im considering getting one but im not sure yet

any opinions?

961 17:23 18 Dec 09

Buy BenQ G2420HD for around £150 from Dabs and others

Highly rated in PCPro review

Great quality screen

GaT7 17:46 18 Dec 09

Will depend what you'll be using it for & your budget. Well, I guess the latter doesn't matter too much if you're willing to spend £400+ on a monitor!

Go for it if you need a professional monitor with excellent colour reproduction & good viewing angles.

An independent review at click here. Purchase link to PCBuyIt click here, who have excellent warranty terms.

Also consider another non-TN screen, the HP LP2475W click here. Purchase via the same HP link, & apply 10% off voucher code VCCODEHP, making it ~£385. Reviews at click here & click here. G

AL47 18:01 18 Dec 09

ive been looking at the hp you mentioned too, the 2 monitors seem closely matched

[the 3 year dead pixel warrenty is a particular interest]

i will be using it as a general primary monitor, but im also starting to get into photoshop a bit

i currently have 2 tn panels [one 17inch full HD on laptop which is connected to a 22in full HD]

im trying to weigh up if i need an IPS panel or not, cause i am aware i can save £200 if i dont]

basically i want this to be a capable jack of al trades with the ability to carry amateur photoshop work on

AL47 18:03 18 Dec 09

theres alot of decent tn 24in panels about.. but dunno if the difference is worth the money and if i will get enough out of it

[the array of ports on the non tn panels is also very useful]

GaT7 18:59 18 Dec 09

"[the array of ports on the non tn panels is also very useful]" - that's true, something I forgot to mention. G

AL47 19:04 18 Dec 09

hmm, maybe after xmas in any possible sales would be a good buy time? if none come pcbuyit [ive heard of them before] will do it for me for 410 delivered

least it wont leave me wanting more!

GaT7 19:12 18 Dec 09

I notice Scan have a very good offer for a TN-based 23" Full HD (1920*1080) monitor click here for only £105. Free delivery via click here / click here if you can manage it (min of 20 posts required if you're a new member). The offer will be available until mid-day Monday 21/12. G

AL47 20:55 18 Dec 09

if i recall, i dont think thast monitor got many good reviews, also, its only an inch bigger than my 22, i really am looking to have a 24 and eventually another 24"

its a bit weird having a big 24 and a small 17 side by side

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…