Anyone had recent experience of Chillblast?

Vulcan 00:27 AM 09 Apr 13

I'm about to replace my desktop and am within a whisker of ordering a Chillblast Lynx to my spec. Just wondered if anyone had had recent experiences with the company, say in the past six to 12 months? The machines themselves seem to attract consistently good reviews, but wondered how prompt delivery is nowadays and customer service in general.

The Kestrel 09:18 AM 09 Apr 13

For excellent service and products, I would recommend Cougar Extreme. See my earlier thread relating to the purchase of my new PC recently:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/2/tech-consumer-advice/4215858/in-praise-of-cougar-extreme/

SimpleSimon1 10:00 AM 09 Apr 13

Yep. my Dad bought from them just recently. He's very happy with the PC and thought that their sales people were really helpful. In fact, several times they steered him away from options that, as a 'low power user' he just didn't need.

On the basis of his experience, I'll probably get a new desktop from them, for myself, in the next couple of months since my 7-year old XP desktop is on its last legs.

wee eddie 18:30 PM 09 Apr 13

All companies have successes and failures.

One must bare in mind that the larger the company is, the more failures may come to light, even if their failure rate is lower than a smaller company that sells fewer units.

Both Chillblast and Cougar have earned reputations of making PCs that are good value, well featured and put together.

Neither has had many complaints on this, or the other Forum, that I visit regularly, but both have had the occasional slip up.

There is no predicting the future.

tullie 09:17 AM 10 Apr 13

Jock1e,The reviews are also two years old.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…