Anyone had dealings with SplashDVD ?

Tim1964 21:05 06 May 03

I placed an order with splashDVD 10 days ago and have not had any communication from them and I have been unable to contact them by phone (no answer)on their 0845 number. Other items I have ordered online, from other companies, have arrived within 2 days of ordering.

Do I wave bye bye to my cash?
It was a reasonably low value order (but it's the principle)and paid for on a debit card.

kbo64 23:10 07 May 03

G'day Tim,

Splashdvd are secure enough.
They tend to grab your money and take several weeks to part with the goods. are held in high regard.

The differance, Play might cost £1 or so extra but are quicker. Also, it's easier to get through to Play's 0845 number.

Best wishes

Tim1964 23:17 07 May 03

After sending a 'shirty' email about lack of communication they replied to tell me the item was out of stock!. As it's for a birthday present I couldn't wait too long so I have cancelled and ordered it from elsewhere.

Shame really as they were the cheapest but I guess it's a case of 'you pays yer money........'

SEASHANTY 16:00 08 May 03

There isn't much difference in prices between and I originally started off by buying from Splash but their stock has gradually been diminishing whilst that of Play has expanded until they are now one of the biggest operators. I now order exclusively from Play. The advantage being , of course, with both firms based in Jersey, Channel Islands, provided the price is less than £17-99 you get it post free and ALSO v.a.t. free which makes the prices cheaper than you can obtain in the remainder of Gt. Britain. Never had any trouble with either Splash or Play.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…