Anyone Got Telewest's TVDrive?

tammer 00:05 25 May 06

I noticed that Telewest have launched their own Hard Drive TV recorder that's apparently better than Skyplus:

click here

Has anyone tried it and, if so, what do you think of it?

Curio 14:17 25 May 06

HDTV is a no-no at these prices

Stuartli 14:39 25 May 06

tammer hasn't mentioned anything about HDTV (High Definition), only a hard drive equipped PVR...:-)

In actual fact the TVDrive can be used for HD programes with an HD set according to Telewest.

jaritch 14:50 25 May 06

Yes I have it.

Have been impressed so far. You can tape two programs at same time and watch a third. Easy to record as you just use the Telewest program banners to select and click record. You can set it to tape a whole series. Or up to a week in advance with TV Guide.

You can even attach your video or dvd recorder and transfer if you are keen to keep something on a hard copy.

The hard drive itself will store up to 80 hours.

Only had it a few weeks but so far it has been excellent. I would recommend it.

Curio 18:13 25 May 06

£75 to install and £15 a month - its all said in the box! Unless I win the Pools/Lottery I cannot see me taking up the offer.:>)

Ivor_Monkey 21:40 25 May 06

I had it for a few months.

It cost nothing to install and only £10 extra per month.

It is very good. Can't remember last time i fumbled around with a tape. Also helps to be more slective about what to watch -only good stuff like Grand designs- so that must be a good thing.

IMO the only alternative to tv drive is to buy your own pvr (with dvd recording) and continue to rent telewest standard box. At £120 per year for TV drive, it must be a bit more expensive than buying your own pvr with dvd recoridng. But I wanted to avoid having an extra box in the sitting room. Besides, pvrs should improve over the next year.

Stuartli 23:30 25 May 06

Might be worth reading the TVDrive offer a seocnd time and taking in exactly what is stated.

tammer 13:01 26 May 06

Thanks guys.

I'll mark this as resolved but I think I'll wait until next year before going for the TV drive.

Stuartli 14:45 26 May 06

I was speaking to a lassie last night who has just acquired one of the TVDrives.

She's not a big telly fan as she is out working several evenings a week but said that it had already proved a boon.

It means she can record documentaries, animal world and similar programmes which her husband doesn't particularly like and watch them later; the original box, for which they now pay a £5 a month charge, is used in another room.

However the lassie also said that although they have been with Telewest for around five years, it is very galling to know that new customers seem to get much better deals.

Curio 14:56 26 May 06

£15 monthly rental. £5 extra to keep current box (not required, no 2nd TV). To swap box (do not need original)£75 installation. Also have DVD HDD Recorder,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…