Anyone got problems wth ChoiceStationery delivery?

Europa 21:20 06 Jul 07

I have ordered 2 items from Choice Stationery. One was sent on the 10/06, the other on the 12/06.
I have received the one sent on the 12th the same week as it was shipped, I have never received the other item.
I have contacted Choice Stationery, and they sent me a replacement on the 26/6. I am still waiting for it.
I cannot keep contacting them to get replacements, so my question is : Does anyone else have a problem with Choice Stationery deliveries?

Jackcoms 21:28 06 Jul 07

No.

I've ordered 3 ink cartridges on 3 separate occasions in the last month.

Each cartridge arrived within a week of my placing the order.

ROYSTERO 21:44 06 Jul 07

Phoned order last Thursday,delivered today (friday)

Europa 21:49 06 Jul 07

So I really don't know what's going on.

beeuuem 02:50 07 Jul 07

I placed an order on 10/06 for three items. Two have been received. The third was out of stock. I received a mail on 29/06 saying that it would be in stock on 03/07. I hope it will arrive in the next few days.

pj123 12:33 07 Jul 07

Not had any problems with Choice deliveries.

In fact my last order was well above the VAT threshhold. Choice split it into 3 separate orders to overcome that. All 3 packages arrived the same day.

choicestationery 13:46 07 Jul 07

Dear Europa

Sorry to hear you have had a problem with your delivery.

Unfortunately we are in the hands of Royal Mail when it comes to delivering your order and sometimes they do let us down.

Royal Mail advise to allow 2-5 working days for the delivery of first class mail and the majority of mail arrives well within this time frame. Unfortunately some arrives after this, or even sometimes not at all.

Royal Mail were on BBC's watchdog a few months ago for loosing approx 250,000 items of mail per week with no reason why, and upto 6 months for a first class item of mail to arrive.

If you would like to email me your name and address I will look into this further for you

Regards

Paul Andrews
Choice Stationery Supplies

[email protected]

€dstowe 13:56 07 Jul 07

- - - and you can't say fairer than that!

pj123 16:01 07 Jul 07

Is that true?

Royal Mail are losing 250,000 items of mail a week! Or should some of those items read "Stolen"?

I have read in the past where a postman can't be bothered to post all his mail so he has just dumped it (or, as one report said, he took it home and stored it in his garage).

Royal Mail investigators have generally uncovered the culprits and they are no longer Postmen. But I still can't believe 250,000 a week.

Europa 18:07 07 Jul 07

I have never had any problems with Choice Stationery before, only for this product, which is not the usual ink cartridges that I usually order from them.
I have just taken advantage of their latest discount offer, and this one product (Peach A4 cutter)seems to never arrive. Not the first sent nor the second has reached me.
Another item from Ebay which was posted at the same time as the first item sent by Choice never arrived neither.
I had a few problems from time to time with things ordered from Ebay, and I did notice something uncanny : In my case, it's always antiques or more expensive items that doesn't arrive, never cheap items that you can buy in any shops, or electricals.I had my money back but I would have rather had the goods.
I've never had CD's or DVDs or books missing for example.
Have they got an X-Ray machine where they can see through and pick and choose the packages that they want to be lost?
Because, in my case, it looks like it.
But it's the very first time that I don't receive a replacement.
Strange, they've never lost the other half of the order, which was A4 papers for my printer....
I know Choice Stationery is not to blame, I have ordered enough from them to know that the problem is not coming from them.
With the strikes and the floods, RM have plenty of excuses to "lose" more packages.

postie24 21:22 07 Jul 07

The trouble is Royal Mail take on temp staff without vetting them.
We had trouble in our office last xmas with casuals dumping mail.
Same old story,they dont want to pay you overtime,yet they get agency temps in that cost more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…