Anyone got a Canon Lide 50 scanner

Rebanut 15:18 04 Aug 03

I was thinking about buying this model and wondered if anyone here has got one, if so is it a good scanner and easy for a novice to use.
Thanks.

Djohn 15:29 04 Aug 03

Yep! I have. Had it for a couple of months now, and it's a terrific scanner, USB2, but will work with USB1.1 Very fast, quiet and easy to use. Software provided is "Photoshop elements", great program to use.

Set up the software first from the install CD, then connect your scanner, first time you use it, it will automatically calibrate itself, from then on just place item in scanner and either press one of the buttons on the front of scanner or open software and scan. Reproduction will be spot on.

wags 16:46 04 Aug 03

I have a Lide 20, which I bought for my office and that is even cheaper and produces good results. Nice driver and in my view very user friendly. I have another Canon scanner at home the N670U which is very similar to, and was replaced by, the Lide series. I don't think you can go far wrong with Canon - quality at reasonable price. Buy it !

March Hare 15:33 05 Aug 03

Can't argue with any of the above, but can I suggest, before you buy, you consider the Canoscan 3000F click here

I bought one of these last month, and Jessops price-matched it to an internet mail order supplier at about £83 (print-out evidence required).

It has a built-in attachment for scanning 35mm negatives and slides. OK, probably not a match for a dedicated 35mm film scanner, but fine for someone like me who has many boxes of family slides on top of the wardrobe, going back to the fifties!

My project for this winter: scan all slides, burn to CD, and distribute copies around the family!

Jester2K II 15:41 05 Aug 03

Got the old N1240U (LIDE 30 i think) and can't fault it. Even though it is USB 1.1 its great...

March Hare 15:48 05 Aug 03

P.S. Just checked Jessops website, and they're offering the 3000F at £68.90 now.

zanne 16:09 10 Aug 03

I've just ordered a 3000F at Comet for £69.95.

The store is local to me and I can collect it.

To be honest I thought the price from Jessops was
£85! But its not a bad price.

Rebanut 16:52 10 Aug 03

Well I am thinking about buying the 50 model and have seen it for £57 which if I am not mistaken is a lot lower than it used to be, I do have old slides tucked away but as I am new with PC stuff I am not sure I could use the 3000F

Djohn 19:28 10 Aug 03

At £57.00 for the LiDe50 I would buy 2 if I was you! The cheapest I can find at the mo. is £91.00 from Simply. :o(

Had mine for a while now, and it's faultless. j.

shifty 12:05 11 Aug 03

I've found the lide 50 for £62.76 inc vat + the Lide 30 at £53.54 at click here . Both are cracking scanners.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…