Anyone bought a pc off arbico ?

johndiablo 19:03 27 Nov 06

Hi , i'm looking to buy a new pc from arbico ( Arbico CD7950 - EX ) and i want to find out if anyone has bought a pc off them and if they've had any problems with them . Any info would be appreciated , cheers

SANTOS7 19:19 27 Nov 06

Bought the tower i use now from arbico "buy it now item from ebay" they phoned me up 2mins after i had aggreed deal, do you want this,that,other, is the colour of the tower OK, any upgrades, person i spoke to more than helpfull.
secured payment delivered to door exactly when it said it would be, so my experience of them is more than favourable..

Totally-braindead 19:31 27 Nov 06

If its an Ebay seller then I would check the feedback.

johndiablo 19:42 27 Nov 06

Its not an ebay seller , they also sell online as well as ebay

SANTOS7 19:45 27 Nov 06

click here
there not strictly, but the item i bought just happened to be a tower package, that i am more than happy with, have to say, at the time i was outbid on many occasions by people bidding well over the odds on towers from diferent sellers, i had priced up the components and set myself an upper limit till i saw the item i have now as a "buy
it now" item.

northernwarrior 18:11 24 Jan 07

I ordered a new custom PC off them a couple of weeks ago. When it arrived it was booting to a back screen at least 33% of the time and I was having problems with the USB ports.

They assured me that doesn't normally happen but after a lengthy phone discussion they agreed to take it back and refund - minus the original shipping and a fee to cover their credit card commission.

Fair do's so long as the refund goes through. Guess I was just unlucky as I have seen favourable comments about it. One plus point is that you get proper driver CD's and can order a Windows XP CD with the kit, rather than the cheap and nasy "recovery" partition which the Packard Bell I've now bought from PC World comes with!

hs82 16:23 10 Apr 07

I recently ordered the CD1950 EX - PC Advisor's £1,000+ Best Buy - from Arbico. The PC arrived well within the promised period and (notwithstanding the lack of any assembly diagram) was easily put together. It came with a Windows Vista DVD and driver disks for the graphics and sound cards, as well as a multitude of non-essential but useful cables. Surprisingly, the keyboard and mouse were a better model than what I had actually ordered!

I had two teething troubles with the PC, both of which were quickly resolved. The supplied Creative Soundblaster XFi Extreme Audio was not functioning. A quick call to Arbico resulted in an accurate diagnosis that the card had slipped out of its PCI slot during transit. I was advised to open the case and push it back in, and they sent me an email confirming that this would not void the warranty. Problem solved and sound is now working fine.

I had ordered a floppy drive, but couldn't find it on the system; either physically or through the operating system. Thinking it hadn't been supplied, I asked Arbico to send it, which they quickly agreed. As it turned out, it was there all along hidden under a flap on the case! The operating system wasn't recognising it because it hadn't been enabled in the BIOS, but once I had sorted that out it works fine. I had to ring them up and apologise, but I was pleased by their no-quibble initial response.

I've only had the system a few days, but so far I'm very pleased with it. Based on my dealings with them so far, I would recommend Arbico.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…