Anyone bought from bestcameras

hzhzhz 20:21 24 Apr 06

I'm about to buy a Canon S3IS and bestcameras are offering the best price at the moment but I haven't used them before. Has anyone any experience with this company?.

Vixenight 21:30 24 Apr 06

Yes I bought a Sony Cybershot W7 plus other items last May It was not the cheapest then but this firm is located in England and gives a 2year warranty The purchase was simple and delivery took about 3 days Iwould recommend them The camera is excellent with very good resolution and movie mode

ventanas 21:40 24 Apr 06

The best deals I've found are click here

Recently bought two cameras from them, and excellent service.

hzhzhz 22:40 24 Apr 06

Thanks Vixenight and ventanas for your replies. Ive just purchased the s3is from bestcameras as it was my first choice and just a few pounds cheaper.
ooooh I'm all excited :-)

SG Atlantis® 22:44 24 Apr 06

Let us know how you get on with it hzhzhz.

hzhzhz 23:21 24 Apr 06

I certainly will. I was going for the S2IS but when I spotted the new version which has a few improvements, I couldn't resist. I already have the AA charger so just need 4 more Energizers.
The 12x zoom will hopefully allow me to take some mountain pics and also some (feathered)
bird shots (perhaps I'll get a pic of a bird with a box of Lemsip :-).

hzhzhz 21:52 26 Apr 06

How annoying. I order the camera only to be notified the next day that its out of stock. Seeing as the S3IS has only just been released, it makes me wonder if they have actually had any in stock yet. I go on the site now and there is no mention of the item being out of stock. Aaaarrrggghhh.

hzhzhz 11:41 30 Apr 06

I now have the camera and spent a day trying it out.

So far.
Pros.- Superb zoom with awesome image stabilisation. Excellent image quality. Tons of features.

Cons.- I seem to need to make more use of the ISO settings in low light situations compared to my A95,although thats not a big problem.

nb. I am no expert.

hzhzhz 21:29 01 May 06

I love this camera. Good enough for me in all situations. I mainly use it in manual mode but there are lots of treats for people who like to let the camera do the work. If I ever upgraded it would have to be to a Canon DSLR but I really cannot see me ever needing any more than this camera has to offer, other than the fact that I would really like to take some pics of birds in our area which are difficult to get close enough to in order to take very detailed shots but a camera for that would cost me thousands of pounds.

SG Atlantis® 23:37 01 May 06

Thanks for the feedback, I still haven't bought a new camera yet. Haven't had the time to think about it again.

hzhzhz 23:43 01 May 06

SG Atlantis®

you'll find time soon, I'm sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…