Anybody want a 3 phone ?

Belatucadrus 13:48 14 Oct 03

After afflicting us with the most irritating web adverts ever, the floating flash 3 Logo and that damned talking weather report It seems almost churlish of me to be so smug as I post this link click here . Not only are they irritating it appears they are also rather inept.

expertec 16:20 14 Oct 03

;-)

Tim1964 19:32 14 Oct 03

Don't let the BBC know.

OUCH......

sdf 00:35 15 Oct 03

I think out of this whole escipade a lesson should be learnt. people en-mass, want their phones, as phones! text messaging has taken off big time and I think will remain popular. but features such as photo messaging, video messaging and video clips (to phones) will remain purley as gadgets and never fully adopted mainstream. Having worked in the industry for a while now i get to see every day the usage of phones, and none of these features I think really fit into peoples lives or most lifestyles, ESPECIALLY with current technology. I see in the future a shift from more a technology war to a pricing war.I think 3 could reclaim at least some of its money by offering affordable non propriatry data services. The 3g network can support up to 384kbps, thats faster then ADSL, and you can have that on the move, so why not make the most of what you have available to you. at the moment users can recieve up to 56kbps over GPRS and the standard charge is about £3per mb - for any amount of use this is beyond most budgets, especially if the service was offers at 384kbps - I shudder to think how big a things I download on broadband! but if it were priced as competativly as the calling packages 3 could make a lot of money. as for the rest of the services offers by the various suppliers, I see international calling reducing in cost and becoming a lot easier to do, for example with certain PAYG services you need to key a string of *# and numbers before you can even dial the number you want! I think txt messaging will continue being popular, and the length of them will increase from the standard 160 to say 320? also I see a price drop if the networks want to survive. knowing whats involved for the network to send a txt message they must be making a minimum of 90% profit on every message sent, and then you consider the quantity sent each day.... even at say, 5p per message the companies would be laughing all the way to the bank! finally I see a drop in the calling costs, especially cross network. all these predictions are based on current technologies etc but... who knows

Tim1964 18:21 15 Oct 03

sdf is right,
Just look at your home phone, does it 100 polyphonic ringtones, changeable covers, vibrate, send picture messages, 200 memories etc? No it has 12 buttons and it works!!

So there :-)

tenaka 17:41 16 Oct 03

The 3 phone that my mate has could hardly be called a phone though.

More like a laptop. He's gone back to his own phone now cos he only knew one other person with the same phone and didn't really have any reason to video call him.

Novelty factor still doing the rounds. I'll have one when they're back down to the size of a standard phone now.

flash one 17:56 16 Oct 03

I have one of these phones and trying to get them to change. Do you think i can get them to do it. NO

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…