Anybody using Google checkout ?

Belatucadrus 14:25 19 Apr 07

click here

They're currently running introductory discount systems with some online retailers. Just wondering if anybody has tried it yet. I'm thinking about it, but my natural reticence to spread my credit card details any further than absolutely necessary is holding me back.

moorie- 14:35 19 Apr 07

Like you im thinking about it,noticed the offer yesterday for £10 off on ebuyer ill watch your thread with interest

Spark6 16:00 19 Apr 07

I haven't seen their introductory discounts to purchasers yet but I have had a look at their site you posted. Their fraud protection policy sounds attractive and would, it appears, provide a second insurance against unauthorised use of a credit/debit card.

Their 'Free transaction processing' notice to retailers however, states "Process sales through Google checkout for free until the end of 2007". Does this signal the end of the introductory discounts?

Spark6 16:07 19 Apr 07

More info click here

moorie- 16:50 19 Apr 07

click here
the ebuyer link fyi

Pamy 17:10 19 Apr 07

Just saved £10 off the price of a 300Gb HDD from E-Buyer no probs.

Belatucadrus 17:43 19 Apr 07

Looking at the list of suppliers using it I'm only interested in ebuyer, so I'll give it a bash if I decide to buy that new graphics card, otherwise no.

I'll leave this open for a while, see if there's any more positive input.

GaT7 19:41 19 Apr 07

Discussion about it over at MSE click here.

More info/FAQs at Help for Buyers click here, & Help for Sellers click here. G

Dipso 21:54 19 Apr 07

Used it myself on Tuesday to order a stick of RAM from Ebuyer. No problems.

laurie53 07:52 20 Apr 07

I'd be more inclined to sign up if more sites used it.

I did a couple of searches and only about 1 in 20 sellers offered the option.

Laurie

Belatucadrus 14:16 02 May 07

Well I've bitten the proverbial bullet and signed up, my first order with ebuyer using the Google checkout system went through as smoothly as ever and a new FX5200 and 256 Mb of RAM have pushed the old boxes sell by date a few more years into the future.

So far so good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…