Anybody recommend a 939 socket board?

Bailey08787 09:49 03 Oct 06

I've done some googling but the choice seems to be limited.

Have any definitive round-up reviews been carried out that identified one or two boards as the shining lights in the 939 field?

thanks

Diodorus Siculus 10:21 03 Oct 06

Asus A8N-E-ATX -nForce4 Ultra-Socket 939-UDMA133, SATA II-Gigabit Ethernet-8-Channel Audio Board-Asus-90-M9L0JAG0EAYZ
click here

All depends on the price you want to pay; this one is in a friend's pc and is pretty good performer.

Some reviews of others follow:

Motherboard Review Roundup—Socket 939
click here

Bailey08787 10:34 03 Oct 06

This is my current board

Socket 939 (AMD) » nVidia » nVIDIA® nForce4 SLI » K8N Diamond

click here

...so I'm looking for something as good as or better

(replacing as sadly this board has bit the dust)

freaky 16:01 03 Oct 06

I am using the ASUS A8V Deluxe GB LAN/1394/SATA/RAID/Audio (939 PIN).

I purchased a new PC January 05 that has the above board with a AMD ATHLON 64 3500+ (939 PIN).

Had no problems with it (touch wood !)

Bailey08787 17:38 04 Oct 06

I've ended up going for the:

Asus A8N-SLI/Premium nForce4 Skt939 PCI-E +3GB/sec SATA +SATA/RAID 5 +Firewire +Gigabit LAN +8ch. audio +USB2 Dual Ch. DDR motherboard

click here

I was put off by the Deluxe version by the price and the layout - looks like getting pci cards in would be a problem and restrict airflow if I were to set it up SLI (which I'm planning too)

I think the one I've gone for allows enough room for two graphics and pci cards (tv, soundcard, wireless, etc).

......and like the deluxe it has the passive heatpipe too

Kudos to MircoDirect. Ordered 2pm yesterday - received today at work. Website insisted that I needed to use my home address for my first order, but a quick call to the sales team managed to get round this.

Totally-braindead 19:04 04 Oct 06

I have the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe and am very happy with it, the Asus boards come with a nice selection of leads too which a lot of other manufacturers skimp on.
I have only one graphics card at the moment but will add a second in when I find my present one starting to struggle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…