Any videoprojector recommendations?

Brirev 17:51 23 Feb 05

I am wanting a videoprojector to use in church for a variety of applications - both static text and moving images.

I have been told that 2000 lumens is a realistic minimum - do you agree?

Are there any models/suppliers you would recommend?

Also, I've been told that back-projected screens are a good idea for space reasons as you can use the "choir" area of church to house the kit: is this a good idea? Do you know of a good supplier? How is the PC (typically front-of-house) connected to the projector? wireless or cable?

Thanks,
Brian

Maturin 18:10 23 Feb 05

Brian

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago for the society I help with. We are using a Sony projector, and I think it is 1100 lumens. It works very well in a hall. The connection with PC is via standard monitor cable that is usually supplied with the projector. Beware the cost of replacement bulbs; this is not often quoted (PC ADviser does!). A comparison of Sony digital video projectors here click here may be of interest.

Cheers

Maturin

Beas-Knees 21:00 23 Feb 05

We've just bought one of these for work after reading the excellent reviews for this model, we were originally going to pay a lot more for a higher spec model but glad we didn't as we have found this to be superb.It has been number 1 in the PC advisor top 10 charts for the last 3 months with a price tag of £900 but click here and you will find it £300 cheaper.

Brirev 23:21 23 Feb 05

An additional question, do back-lit screens need more lumens to create a reasonable image compared to front-lit screens?

Thanks

Brirev 23:23 23 Feb 05

Sorry - another comment - to Beas-Knees - the product you suggest is the one I was going to go for - so at 1600lumens it's got enough wick-power?!?

Beas-Knees 21:13 24 Feb 05

Yes

kinger 19:46 27 Feb 05

Epson EMP-TW10 is priced at £987.00 but available last month at £504.00 from Simply computers. It got a good review in a top PC magazine too.

Brirev 17:41 09 May 05

I've bought an Optoma 739 which I'm pleased with.

Bright enough for a sunny day in church with nice resolution.

Thanks for all the comments.

Brirev 17:43 09 May 05

I've bought an Optoma EP739 which I'm pleased with.

Thanks for your comments

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…