Any videoprojector recommendations?

Brirev 17:51 23 Feb 05

I am wanting a videoprojector to use in church for a variety of applications - both static text and moving images.

I have been told that 2000 lumens is a realistic minimum - do you agree?

Are there any models/suppliers you would recommend?

Also, I've been told that back-projected screens are a good idea for space reasons as you can use the "choir" area of church to house the kit: is this a good idea? Do you know of a good supplier? How is the PC (typically front-of-house) connected to the projector? wireless or cable?

Thanks,
Brian

Maturin 18:10 23 Feb 05

Brian

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago for the society I help with. We are using a Sony projector, and I think it is 1100 lumens. It works very well in a hall. The connection with PC is via standard monitor cable that is usually supplied with the projector. Beware the cost of replacement bulbs; this is not often quoted (PC ADviser does!). A comparison of Sony digital video projectors here click here may be of interest.

Cheers

Maturin

Beas-Knees 21:00 23 Feb 05

We've just bought one of these for work after reading the excellent reviews for this model, we were originally going to pay a lot more for a higher spec model but glad we didn't as we have found this to be superb.It has been number 1 in the PC advisor top 10 charts for the last 3 months with a price tag of £900 but click here and you will find it £300 cheaper.

Brirev 23:21 23 Feb 05

An additional question, do back-lit screens need more lumens to create a reasonable image compared to front-lit screens?

Thanks

Brirev 23:23 23 Feb 05

Sorry - another comment - to Beas-Knees - the product you suggest is the one I was going to go for - so at 1600lumens it's got enough wick-power?!?

Beas-Knees 21:13 24 Feb 05

Yes

kinger 19:46 27 Feb 05

Epson EMP-TW10 is priced at £987.00 but available last month at £504.00 from Simply computers. It got a good review in a top PC magazine too.

Brirev 17:41 09 May 05

I've bought an Optoma 739 which I'm pleased with.

Bright enough for a sunny day in church with nice resolution.

Thanks for all the comments.

Brirev 17:43 09 May 05

I've bought an Optoma EP739 which I'm pleased with.

Thanks for your comments

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…