Any service which downloads and burn to DVD/CD

siliconbits 17:40 12 Mar 04

FOr those who are not broadbanded.... Is there such a service available....

mole44 17:54 12 Mar 04

what do you want to know ????????.give more details

siliconbits 04:19 13 Mar 04

You want to download a 1Gb software and burn it to a DVD; but you have neither a burner nor a BB line... What to do?

I would caution against such practice and even go as far as to ask what software package is legitimately available as a download that amounts to 1GB? Are you sure this is not P2P????

Anyhow, to your question. If you start splitting the files you will risk corruption and find that you will have to start over again. Even download managers / accelerators can corrupt files and you have no way of knowing until too late.

Far better to go out and buy the CD!

Just realised, you want to Burn a DVD without a DVD burner and you ask what to do?

Are you sure this is not a wind up? Or are you asking for someone to download and burn for you, thereby entering into a conspiracy to defraud?

mole44 08:32 13 Mar 04

me thinks its a wind up Smiffy99

Forum Editor 11:26 13 Mar 04

that's available as a 1Gb download, and there certainly isn't any commercial service that would be silly enough to download anything else for a third party and write it to a DVD.

siliconbits 16:19 13 Mar 04

I should perhaps clarify my point. A DVD can be easily filled with demo software. Trialware can be downloaded everywhere (download.com, jumbo, pcadvisor etc) ... Point is that it is the download+burn service that is being offered... NOT the software... This is where the distionction lies... The list is very long trialware, opensource, freeware, legit MP3, demo movies, trailers etc...

Then simply download them individually - to fill 1 GB you are talking practically HUNDREDS of such programs - but I am still amazed that you know that all the software you want amounts to 1Gb

byfordr 18:26 13 Mar 04

Internet cafe??? (Not Easy internet cafe!)

R

powerless 18:27 13 Mar 04

click here these did it or still do it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…