Any reviews/comments on Fujitsu-Siemens notebooks?

rosieonvacation 15:23 24 Jun 04

hi there,

I need to buy a new laptop, and have decided on getting the Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M 7400/ 1420 (wide screen).

However, I can't seem to get any reviews on the Amilo M series on the web. I know they've got good reviews in What Laptop magazine, but I just want to hear it from the consumers whether they've encountered any problems with the company or the systems they sell.

Also, I'm wary of dodgy customer services. Before you buy, most companies promise you the sky, but few deliver. Any complaints about the aftersales services the Fujitsu-Siemens provides?

The sole distributors are ''... and I'm unfamiliar with them. Would appreciate any feedback or help in this area.

Stuartli 16:42 24 Jun 04

I don't think you need worry about Fujitsu products - it has been involved with computers since 1951 and has collaborated on major projects with firms such as Sony, Philips, Siemens and Toshiba for decades.

However, I don't know about the sales and after sales backup in the UK, but no doubt there are forum members who will be happy to help.

Stuartli 16:50 24 Jun 04

One forum's comments about click here. - no doubt there are others about the company.

click here

Starfox 17:26 24 Jun 04

Great machines from a reputable company which is rare these days I know but I have always found their products and service to be first class.Other than just being one of their satisfied customers I have no connection with them whatsoever.

Hope this helps - Starfox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…