Any recomendations for laptop WITH FDD onboard?

bstock 14:15 27 Dec 03

Wondered whether anyone could help, I am looking for a new laptop with a minimum requirement of onboard FDD CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo.

Cheers!

bremner 18:24 27 Dec 03

click here not a recommendation but have been looking myself and came across this

johnnyrocker 20:41 27 Dec 03

have a look at click here.

johnny.

fred 21:41 27 Dec 03

If you are willing to compromise on an external FDD then a much greater range of machines are available. You could probably get extra RAM or HDD or processor power on the machine for similar if not less money.

In practice I've found it easy to carry an external FDD in the case, but rarely, if ever, have need to use it.

A USB (pref 2) flash drive is of much more use.

bstock 21:59 28 Dec 03

Thanks Fred but I really need a FDD if at all possible

I have found what seemd like a good spec with 3 years guarantee from rock computers but the sony option seems very tempting at less money - just wondered if there were any othyers out there

click here for more details of the rock option.

Thanks

Brian

bstock 09:46 31 Dec 03

OK there appears to be two laptops that fit my requirements but I am not quite sure which is the one to go for.

1. Sony Vaio FR315B Cel2.6GHz 256/40G CD-RW/DVD 15"TFT XPH Notebook click here for details from dabs.com.

2. HP Evo NX9005 A2400+ 256/40G DVD-CDRW XP 15"TFT Screen click here for details from dabs.com

If anyone could let me know which they would choose from these two and why I would be very grateful

Thanks

--
Brian

antoni34 10:56 31 Dec 03

go 4 the HP Evo - I have one and find that it does everything I want with no problems at all
If u want more advice please feel free to e-mail me off board

bremner 16:37 31 Dec 03

I would try and see each machine in the flesh and see which one appeals to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced