Any Problems with AVG7 or ZoneAlarm when loading ?

A3 12:40 29 Dec 04

I am new to this site so please bear with me. I have just upgraded my free AVG to AVG 7 and have had several problems when loading post-Xmas software. I am also running a free ZoneAlarm. As the new program loads, my internet explorer and outlook express become corrupted and will not run. After advice from Mesh regarding my Windows ME system, I have had to reload ME twice now to get back IE and OE. Anyone had similar problems and, if so, any way to rectify? Any other Anti Virus and Firewall programs subscribers recommend - I don't mind paying.

ME is not the best OS but maybe you are not shutting down your AVG7 program before you install new software. I had a similar problem with XP and finished up uninstalling my antivirus program then after completion offline of new software installing the antivirus prog which then identifies the new drivers etc

Dipso 21:57 29 Dec 04

Do you have the latest version of free Zone Alarm. I did have problems when I first loaded AVG7 but I updated ZA and they were resolved.

A3 23:31 29 Dec 04

I have the latest ZA and now the latest AVG. The problem may have been an own goal though as I was not sure whether AVG was fully deactivated when I loaded the software. The indication in the Control Centre was off for programs, but still on for e-mails. After the 3rd reload of ME I put AVG on last, since then all has been functioning correctly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…