Any pcservicecall users out there !

NearlyTheir 15:48 16 Nov 05

Have emailed pcservicecall but have no reply. Any one else had this problem ? I guess telling them I had a Advent T9102 put them off.

Dizzy Bob 17:44 16 Nov 05

Try the phone no

0870 901 3000

DB

NearlyTheir 17:51 16 Nov 05

Yes I could call but if you have a email help address would it not be polite to reply ?

brd 12:51 17 Nov 05

don't get me started on pcservicecall and their service!!! my saga has been going on for over 3 months now and, they still haven't sorted out my computer. I've had 2 engineers visit the house - and they must go to special charm and "uselessness" school before they are let loose on customers! the machine's been uplifted once for data recovery ( lost due to one of their so -called expert's advice) - no data recovered, but it came back damaged and with the dvd drive and flap broken. Now they want to uplift it again to repair that!! What would you do if you were in my shoes? I've been told that unless I agree to the uplift, nothing will be done.
I have spent about £30.00 and umpteen hours on the phone(most of that waiting and explaining the problem to yet another "advisor"). I got the number for customer care, but the manager is always at lunch or at break or at a meeting.
Help - what do I do now?

NearlyTheir 19:48 17 Nov 05

Yes I would guess by the non return of emails its not a very good company.
If your having your computer taken away again could you not ask them for a loan computer of equal value if yours is gone for more than 1 day because it only takes 1 hour or less to put in a dvd drive and the little flap as well.
3 months is well out of order. You should get a extended warranty for the time not with you.

GaT7 20:27 17 Nov 05

NearlyTheir, I think they didn't reply as there's a lot of info on the Advent T9102 at their site anyway, see click here (the same link I got all the info for your posts yesterday). I agree, they could've at least sent you a link in an email.

Since it's a free service (correct me if wrong), I don't think one can really expect too much. G

RicScott 22:12 01 Dec 05

BRD...If your product is under one year old, then the group (DSGI) has 28 days to repair the unit, otherwise you can return the unit to store for an exchange / refund. This is called invoking the 28 day rule.
If the unit is under a coverplan agreement, then the group have 6 weeks in which to repair your unit.
If it is not repaired within this time to a satisfactory degree, then you may invoke a 6 week rule with the group, (read your coverplan for further information). This is done by telephone with a technical advisor.
If the unit was purchased from dixons and you have had 3 visits for repair within 12 months then you may invoke the 'no lemons' policy. Again by telephone.
PCSC receive on a whole around 500 emails per week and are currently installing a new system to cope with demand. The company's response time isn't great, but you will get your reply.
The company only has around 3% of its entire work force dedicated to email support. The rest is telephone based. The Engineers work for Mastrercare. Although all under the same unbrella, you cannot tarnish all with the same tar brush. so to speak.
You are not alone....

ajm 23:49 01 Dec 05

Are you having any problmes with the machine? what branch did you purchse the machine from?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos