Any idea when i7 prices will come down?

Bailey08787 17:01 18 Aug 09

For the past 8-10 weeks or so, I've known that I'll be putting together a replacement pc at the end of August (as I'm passing my current pc on to teenage boy).

At that time, I looked at the i7 cpu + mobo + memory prices and thought that they were pretty - but that by the end of August they were sure to have come down a bit.

Not so - cpu still at the same price - cheapest mobo's still £140 - memory appears to have gone up - a few weeks ago they had 6gb for £60 on ebuyer - now the cheapest I can find is £80.

So I guess the thrust of my query is, is there any point biding my time any longer, as for the past 2 months, prices have come down diddly squat.

(will the release of Lynnfield on 1st Sept really have that much of an effect on pricing?)

citadel 17:46 18 Aug 09

the i7 920 do is only £201 and you can overclock it to well over 3g, you could wait for lynnfield as it works with dual ram instead of triple.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…