Processor Type Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
Operating-System Windows Vista (R) Home Premium
Front Side BUS 1333MHz
Cache 6 MB
Clock-Speed 2.5Ghz
RAM Memory 3072 MB
Hard Disk Capacity 1000 GB
Optical Drive 1 Multi-Format Dual Layer DVD Re-Writer
Graphics Memory 1024 MB The higher the memory the better quality images you are display
Graphics Description NVIDIA GEFORCE 9800GX2
Media Card Reader 8-In-1 Allows the computer to read and transfer files onto a digital media card often found in digital cameras
No of USB connections 6 The more connections the computer has the more equipment you can connect to your computer e.g. modem, printer, scanner, digital camera, PDA
No of PCI Slots 2 These slots are used to add hardware to your computer e.g. a video card
No. of Firewire Connections 1 High speed data transfer link for digital video and other media. Ideal for quickly downloading video images from a camcorder to PC
Keyboard YES
Mouse YES
Weight 17 kg This is the weight of the appliance in KG
Height 542 mm
Width 217 mm
Depth 512 mm

OTT_Buzzard 10:31 21 Sep 09

Oddly enough for PC World, it looks a pretty reasonable deal. It should make a reasonable gaming-spec PC.

If you're using it for processor intensive work, think about a different PC with a lower end graphics card and a better processor.

Stuartli 11:48 21 Sep 09

This includes a 22in iiyama monitor(!):

click here

Stuartli 11:51 21 Sep 09

However, it's a mini-tower and only a 300w PSU..:-(

But I'm sure that looking up Dell as well as other Mesh, Novatech etc systems will result in a better spec or lower price.

OTT_Buzzard 13:29 21 Sep 09

Stuartli's suggestion is indeed a good deal. It has traded in the well performing 9800GX2 graphics card for the monitor....which is fine if you need a monitor and don't play games.

I checked Novatech and a very quick search at Cougar Extreme before I made my first post on this but couldn't find anything competitive.

GaT7 14:26 21 Sep 09

Direct link to the PC @ PCW click here.

Graphics is good (if a bit dated), but runs hot & probably uses a lot of power. As OTT_B says, good if you're a gamer, but not so good if you're not. G

alahind 15:05 21 Sep 09

hi i am a complete novice at pc`s , but looking for somrthing that will play the latest games and wont need upgrading for a year or so

GaT7 20:43 21 Sep 09

What resolution will you be gaming at? This is partly determined by your monitor, so make & model will be useful.

As an example only, the 9800GX2 lies about 10th in this benchmark list click here - this is at 1920x1200 res, usually found in 24" monitors & above. G

alahind 21:42 21 Sep 09

just got a 19 inch crt at mo but looking for a 22" tft soon

alahind 22:08 21 Sep 09

Zoostorm Advanced Gaming Desktop PC, Core 2 Quad Q8300, 6GB DDR2, 640GB SATA HDD, DVDRW, 512MB DDR3 HD4850 Graphics Card, Vista Home Premium

GaT7 16:45 22 Sep 09

The PCW 9800GX2 system will be the better of the two - GPU comparison click here[2466]=on&prod[2481]=on.

I wouldn't go for that particular Zoostorm, as similar systems (graphics-wise anyway) can be had for ~£150 less, e.g. click here & click here (once you add the OS for the latter).

As a gamer wanting to play all the latest games, you should really be aiming for the best graphics card (or near enough) & build your system around this. Unfortunately, unless you build your own, this kind of PC is always going to be just out of reach for your budget. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now